Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
OniriCorpe
OniriCorpe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O (N873)
Database corruption when deleting books

Hi !

Sometimes, when I delete books from my e-reader (Kobo Libra H2O), it corrupts the database and I lose my progress in my books

When this happens I have to reset my e-reader by disconnecting and reconnecting a Kobo account
But the corruption happens again when I delete books.

Is the internal memory of my e-reader dying?

Quote:
CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1974, in books
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Thanks
OniriCorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:55 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Define "books" (there's currently an issue related to parsing/indexing/opening CBZ/CBR files).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2021, 11:05 PM   #3
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Not fix the problem, but if you are using calibre, you can restore your database file from the backups made by calibre, and you can restore the reading progress using calibre too.

It is very exhausting to restore your files if you have a lot of them after you reset your devoce.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:04 AM   #4
OniriCorpe
OniriCorpe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O (N873)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Define "books" (there's currently an issue related to parsing/indexing/opening CBZ/CBR files).
I mostly delete CBZ / CBR (because they are heavy files) so it fits in the scope of this bug.

If it can helps, I have this bug since June, on firmware 4.26.16704 at the time and now on firmware 4.28.18220, on my Libra H2O.

I configured Calibre to not upload CBR and CBZ to my e-reader but to convert them to epub.

Many thanks for the help!

(btw your nickname is a referral to LMDMF?)
OniriCorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I hadn't looked into *deleting*, but since it affects basically ever other action that physically touches the file, it'd stand to reason that it affects deletion, too . Good to have confirmation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniriCorpe View Post
(Btw your nickname is a referral to LMDMF?)
It is indeed . My chicken feet collection is growing!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert