Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura not loading library books

Just recently the book lands in ADE and I transfer it to my Kobo ereader but Kobo doesn't show it. I've tried sliding it across or rt clicking on the book and transferring it that way but nothing. As my library is in lockdown now I really want the ebooks. . I have 3 dearly wanted print books on the Reserve shelf but doubt the library will be open for ages. :-(.

Last edited by Katel; 09-07-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Just recently the book lands in ADE and I transfer it to my Kobo ereader but Kobo doesn't show it. I've tried sliding it across or rt clicking on the book and transferring it that way but nothing. As my library is in lockdown now I really want the ebooks. . I have 3 dearly wanted print books on the Reserve shelf but doubt the library will be open for ages. :-(.
When you say "sliding it across" and "clicking on the book", do you mean loading the book from within ADE? Or are you doing this in your file system? Have you authorized the device?

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...ital-Editions-

It's a shame the Aura doesn't have the direct Overdrive integration; it's handy.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2021, 03:25 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I assume that by "sliding across" you mean "drag-and-drop from the book list to the device". And right click is to do the same from a menu. As @meeera said, the device needs to be authorised. But, you wouldn't get these options if it was not. Or, it would prompt to do the authorisation when you tried. It's been a while since I did this, so I don't know.

Assuming I am correct...

Does the device show the importing screen when you eject it? If so, it should be finding the books. Have you sideloaded other books without using ADE that don't appear? If so, they may be the issue and you need to remove them from the device.

You should also check in the library list. There have been plenty of comments like yours where it turned out the book was loaded, but, due to the metadata in the book or even the sorting on the device, the book didn't appear where it was expected. Search for something in the title or author to check for it. And check the date on the device. If it is wrong, it can confuse things.

If the device is not showing the importing screen, you need to check if the books have been copied onto the device. They should be under the "Digital Editions" directory.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:37 AM   #4
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks meeera and davidfor. . Yes by slide I do mean drag and drop. And rt cick is from the menu.ie rt click then transfer to ereader, which it shows as being done. That's how I've always done it. I've checked everywhere on the ereader and the book's just not there. Davidfor I'm not quite sure what you mean by checking the date on the device. Would that be the ereader? And I don't have a Digital Editions directory from what I can see.

Re my reader loading books there is no problem buying books from Kobo and they load without any problems.

Unfortunately my library is under lockdown so I can't ask them though they don't seem to fully understand the ebooks software from queries I've had in the past..... they just say to ask Kobo. :-)

Anyway I'll press on and keep trying and thanks again for your responses.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Thanks meeera and davidfor. . Yes by slide I do mean drag and drop. And rt cick is from the menu.ie rt click then transfer to ereader, which it shows as being done. That's how I've always done it. I've checked everywhere on the ereader and the book's just not there. Davidfor I'm not quite sure what you mean by checking the date on the device. Would that be the ereader?
Yes, the ereader.
Quote:
And I don't have a Digital Editions directory from what I can see.
If you have opened an epub on the ereader using the Kobo software, it should have created this with at least one subdirectory. If it isn't there, then there are other problems.

But, I was wrong about where ADE puts the books. It's been a while since I used it. Just tried now and the book was put into the root directory of the ereader.

If ADE is not putting the book on the ereader, that explains why you aren't seeing it. Does ADE show you the list of epubs that are on the ereader? It will not show the books from Kobo as they are not recognized by ADE. But, it should show other books sideloaded by ADE or epubs that have been sideloaded by other means.

Have you authorised the ereader from ADE? Does it show as authorised on the Accounts page of the settings? Is it authorised to the same account as ADE? Have you been able to send books from ADE before?

Are you able to sideload other books? Does the ereader then import and show the books when you eject the ereader?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert