Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Eddy R
Edge User

Browser icon not displayed on menu bar

Browser icon not displayed on menu bar

Menu bar displays: 'Reader', 'Journal', 'Library', ' ', 'Email' icons. ('Browser' icon missing).
Tapping blank area returns orange square.... no action.
Browser works fine when activated from standard screen icon.

First use of Edge in several months. Check of features (i.e. 'Reader', 'Journal', 'Library', ' ', 'Email' , music and misc apps, etc.) work fine.
Updated to latest ver.

Forum search for 'menu' +++, not productive.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Drag the "orange square" out of the menu bar onto the "X" logo to delete it. Then re-drag the Browser app icon from the app listing screen into the menu bar. That should restore it.

Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Eddy R
Edge User

Thanks Boris..... (Done)

That was the first thing I tried ... hours ago. ...or so I thought. Should have waited before sending trouble report.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

This is a curious problem. I believe one other user reported a similar problem, possibly with the Browser, too, but I'm not sure...

Old 03-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
This is a curious problem. I believe one other user reported a similar problem, possibly with the Browser, too, but I'm not sure...
Yup, I do remember someone specifically saying their browser icon was gone. I thought that was a PE though. (I could be wrong.) Curious.

Advert