Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #16531
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just in case no one has looked, Kobo has had a "Boxing Week" sale running. The banner on the home page is basically offering 80% off a list of books. The books are largely the usual suspects, but I'm pretty sure they have changed a little during the week. But, what Kobo have been doing is changing the "Super Points" available. At the start of the week, I think it was 2x, then went up to 5x, and is now 10x.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #16532
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo has a 60% off sale in their US store through Jan 8, on a select list of titles.

Usually I don't find much in these sales, but in this case I found a couple by taking each category, sorting by price low-to-high, and then looking at just the first few that were already inexpensive. I found one mystery and one non-fiction collection that I wanted, and there were a couple others I would have wanted if I didn't already have them.

In each case the first few seemed to already be "on sale", and then the 60% off seemed to stack. The URL seems to imply that these are all Open Road titles, so if you have the VIP thing, you also get that discount, since Open Road titles are VIPable.

link: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/openroad2018
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #16533
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Kobo has a 60% off sale in their US store through Jan 8, on a select list of titles.
Nope! Sorry, not in Canada, it looked like it worked than failed to process the order.

Last edited by zelda.owns.link; 01-08-2018 at 12:22 AM.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:07 AM   #16534
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda.owns.link View Post
Nope! Sorry, not in Canada, it looked like it worked than failed to process the order.
(Emphasis mine.)

Well, at least we can be reassured that the U.S. hasn't managed to annex the Great White North... yet, anyway.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #16535
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Well, at least we can be reassured that the U.S. hasn't managed to annex the Great White North... yet, anyway.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #16536
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Get up to 60% off on these book club favourites

60% OFF: Limited time offer available from January 11, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. EST until January 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. Offer valid on selected eBooks only. Discount applied at checkout. The item price deducted is the lowest item price for the entire order (if you order six items, the two lowest priced items would be deducted from the order total). Offer has no cash value and cannot be transferred or exchanged for other eBooks. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust the amount paid on previous purchases. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel this offer at any time without notice.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #16537
orangekiwi
Addict
orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orangekiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paperwhite
Kobo has a start a new series for up to 85% off deal, available until 24 January according to the webpage
https://www.kobo.com/us/en/p/startanewseries

The options this time seem to include a large number from traditional publishers.
For example in the “Otherworldly Science Fiction & Fantasy” section I have found books from Anne McCaffrey, Jack Campbell, Anne Bishop, Jim Butcher, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, Charles Stross, Guy Gavriel Kay and many more authors which I enjoy.
I’m not sure if these are publisher specials or kobo specific but this sale is worth looking at.

There are also sections for mystery, romance, kids and YA
orangekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #16538
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but did you know that Ebates works for Kobo books? (and devices!) You just can't buy them through your device. On the PC, log into Ebates, then go to Kobo from their website to shop (or use the extension). If I'm not near my computer, I do this with the Ebates app on my phone. Then sync your reader and the book will appear there, and in a bit you'll get a message that you got a rebate. The rebate is 5%, so not a lot but it does add up if you buy a lot of books.

Both companies are owned by Rakuten, that's probably why this is possible.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #16539
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Does anyone have a VIP discount coupon they're not going to use?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #16540
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I don't follow this thread, but I didn't see a post about this after skimming over recent posts . . . .

If you download Kobo's app, there will be under "Description" this offer: "New to Kobo? Sign up and get $5 off your first eBook".

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-29-2018 at 04:09 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #16541
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Well, Kobo sent me a couple of We Miss You, here's 50% off coupon codes. Of course, none work for me even on their "list" of books.

Here they are if anyone can get them to work:

82Y7K5
BB24ZF
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #16542
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I don't follow this thread, but I didn't see a post about this after skimming over recent posts . . . .

If you download Kobo's app, there will be under "Description" this offer: "New to Kobo? Sign up and get $5 off your first eBook".
ADDENDUM: There's more information from Kobo about this promotion at this webpage: https://www.kobo.com/us/en.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #16543
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post

Duplicate of preceding post.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-30-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #16544
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Anybody know how to renew your VIP membership using points?
Or do I have to cancel & then buy a "new" one in order to use points & not pay $$?
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #16545
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaryllis View Post
Anybody know how to renew your VIP membership using points?
Or do I have to cancel & then buy a "new" one in order to use points & not pay $$?
A Kobo customer service representative told me that you could only use points to sign up for VIP once. However, the CSR also told me that you couldn't use a coupon to sign up after your VIP membership expired, and people here say that you can.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals