Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #286
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Hey people. What exactly is wrong with you? You wanted colour eink so there you have it. "Kindle rainbow-like"

Don't beat me *runs for cover*

it is a joke
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #287
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Hey people. What exactly is wrong with you? You wanted colour eink so there you have it. "Kindle rainbow-like"

Don't beat me *runs for cover*

it is a joke
Good one!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #288
mngharry
Enthusiast
mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PRS-505
Just received my replacement PW due to light speck issues. The replacement has two muss less noticable light specks, but compared to my original unit, the whole screen somewhat pink, and the letters are fainter.

Getting a second replacement.
mngharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #289
jswinden
Nameless Being

I said wasn't going to try another replacement, but after looking at the lack of good alternative devices I decided there really are none that I don't already own that would be better than a working PW. So reluctantly I'm going to try out one more replacement.

I just called CS, actually got an American accent on the other end and bottom line is I have a replacement that should arrive tomorrow (Thursday the 11th). I have no idea what model it is as I didn't ask and I haven't gotten my CS email yet. But since I originally had the least expensive model of WiFi only with SO it will at least match that one in cost value. They were of course very polite and apologetic as usual.

BTW, I asked if they were getting a lot of replacement calls. My CS rep replied that this was his first one. Oh really? Not that I expected a straight answer.

As others have mentioned, I think it is pretty much a crap shoot as to whether I get a good one this time. I'm not optimistic. If not I'll simply return them and wait for the next model and continue using my Touch.

EDIT: They are sending another 3G model.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #290
ultimatejimmy
Enthusiast
ultimatejimmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite (coming soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I said wasn't going to try another replacement, but after looking at the lack of good alternative devices I decided there really are none that I don't already own that would be better than a working PW. So reluctantly I'm going to try out one more replacement.

I just called CS, actually got an American accent on the other end and bottom line is I have a replacement that should arrive tomorrow (Thursday the 11th). I have no idea what model it is as I didn't ask and I haven't gotten my CS email yet. But since I originally had the least expensive model of WiFi only with SO it will at least match that one in cost value. They were of course very polite and apologetic as usual.

BTW, I asked if they were getting a lot of replacement calls. My CS rep replied that this was his first one. Oh really? Not that I expected a straight answer.

As others have mentioned, I think it is pretty much a crap shoot as to whether I get a good one this time. I'm not optimistic. If not I'll simply return them and wait for the next model and continue using my Touch.
That's weird. They must either lie or have terrible communication within the company. I saw this post on an amazon board:
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x2VSNKCUNK8R44

Kindle engineers are now aware of the issue about Kindle PaperWhite devices with screen discoloration/blotches.

I have had two Kindle PaperWhite devices (one was a replacement) with blotches of subtle color bands on the screen. They are sending me out a third Kindle PaperWhite overnight.

I also received a call from Amazon asking for more information about my screen problem. They are following this very closely, monitoring phone calls to Kindle support regarding this screen issue. The engineers want to see these defective devices and are investigating into the problem. They are sending out a special return label that will return the device to Cupertino (not the usual return warehouse in KY), so that the engineers can see the defective Kindles.

If you have a problem with your PaperWhite having discoloration or blotches of colors on the screen when the light is on, contact Amazon and ask for Kindle support, and they will be following this issue closely and send out a replacement. They are working to resolve the problem and told me that they will make sure I do get a good Kindle PaperWhite with a proper white screen. Customer support is super and right on top of the issue. Be patient with them...they will make it right for us.

Just wanted to give some heads up on this matter. Hope it gets resolved ASAP!
ultimatejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #291
jswinden
Nameless Being

Every person who has called in for a replacement seems to get a unique story. Both times I called in they have played, are perhaps were, dumb of the situation. Granted the first call was 2 days after they were first arriving last week, but the call today comes after a lot of people are saying they have had one or more replacements. I did notice that this time around there was no obligatory restart and no "let me look that up in my database." The whole call took less than 5 minutes, i basically explained the issues and he immediately said let me get you another one sent out today. That is why his playing dumb didn't seem to fit with the rest of the call.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #292
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
The return label they gave me today is shipping to Kentucky.
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #293
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Both of my return labels were for Kentucky as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #294
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwarbles View Post
The return label they gave me today is shipping to Kentucky.
That is where my second one is scheduled to ship too, Hebron, KY. First one went to NV.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #295
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm returning mine for a refund and it's going to Hebron, KY too.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #296
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Hey guys--I don't have enough time to go into this in a lot of detail and I won't be back to answer questions for a while, but...

I wrote a negative review on Amazon detailing my color blob problems. A rep (identifying as Kindle support) called me ten minutes ago or so (an 877- number) and said the engineers are interested in the problem and would I ship one or both of my color blob units to them. They're going to generate me a new return label for PW #1 (which I hadn't shipped back yet). I assured them I'd love to help any way I could and that I hated giving them a bad review (true, I order most of my life through Amazon), and that I'd get it shipped out tomorrow.

Regarding PW#2, the rep did not want to promise me that a replacement right now would be problem-free, so I'm holding on to it for the moment. She said she'd email if they figure things out for certain.

So: no guarantee of an acceptable unit yet, but forward momentum. This also reflects the claims made on the other forum that Amazon is investigating at least.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #297
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Hey guys--I don't have enough time to go into this in a lot of detail and I won't be back to answer questions for a while, but...

I wrote a negative review on Amazon detailing my color blob problems. A rep (identifying as Kindle support) called me ten minutes ago or so (an 877- number) and said the engineers are interested in the problem and would I ship one or both of my color blob units to them. They're going to generate me a new return label for PW #1 (which I hadn't shipped back yet). I assured them I'd love to help any way I could and that I hated giving them a bad review (true, I order most of my life through Amazon), and that I'd get it shipped out tomorrow.

Regarding PW#2, the rep did not want to promise me that a replacement right now would be problem-free, so I'm holding on to it for the moment. She said she'd email if they figure things out for certain.

So: no guarantee of an acceptable unit yet, but forward momentum. This also reflects the claims made on the other forum that Amazon is investigating at least.
Well this is good news that they are really looking into it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #298
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

Cool! I'm glad they are not channeling the ghost of Steve Jobs and just saying we are holding them wrong. I put out a bad review too, so that might explain the high speed replacement call I had.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #299
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

That's great news! So glad to hear it. I guess we'll see what becomes of it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #300
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quick follow-up: my return label is for Cupertino. Pretty sure I saw that somewhere else? Maybe here?
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote