Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #16
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
Normally you can upgrade over the wifi (I never use use the desktop for my Kobo Wifi anymore) - but my understanding is that the Wifi wasn't enabled in the shipping version of the Touch and it needs the firmware upgrade before that works.
Ah! Thank you for information!
As far as I plan to get it somewhere in late fall, it should ship
with newer firmware, I suppose.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #17
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I just bought the touch and am having the same issues. When I bought the previous issue kobo, I simply had to go through the laborious process of entering my account parameters, but did it directly on the kobo.

I was thrilled to see that the kobo had a touch keyboard and thought "wow, this ought to make things so much faster!" only to have my heart sink that I couldn't set up my kobo account until I got home and my husband who accessed a windows box (we are Linuxites thrIough and through) to transfer my settings to the touch.

I am impatiently waiting to set all this up!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #18
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
wow, all these instructions for such a simple request.

It's easy to manually update the firmware. And works like a charm. Just download the firmware.

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...rade-1.9.9.zip

Unpack the zip file into the .kobo directory on the Kobo, eject and unplug, and the Kobo should update itself.

Edit: I wish someone would stickty that. These instructions have needed much repeating.

Last edited by rashkae; 08-11-2011 at 09:45 PM.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Benjamin Buford
Nameless Being

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
wow, all these instructions for such a simple request.

It's easy to manually update the firmware. And works like a charm. Just download the firmware.

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...rade-1.9.9.zip

Unpack the zip file into the .kobo directory on the Kobo, eject and unplug, and the Kobo should update itself.

Edit: I wish someone would stickty that. These instructions have needed much repeating.
Thank you for that simple how-to! Tried this yesterday and it works flawlessly. Should really be stickie'd