Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
As you are going to release officially Calibre 2.0, I would like to request as follows:

1) Ebook Viewer supports epub popup footnoote
Code:
<a href="#n1" epub:type="noteref" >1</a>

<aside id="n1" epub:type="footnote" > 
This is a note
<aside>
And, please...multiline TOC
2) Plugin Polish support "update jacket"
Currently if I check both "add" and "remove" jacket, it only remove the jacket

And... off-topic

Do you plan to develop a Viewer for Android (iOS)? Please make one, and sell it as expensive as Mantano. All other readers in Android, for free or for fee, are not good enough (design, function, tech support)
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #17
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
@LucyOne, I have set the setting (Preferences-> Look & Feel-> Extra spacing to add in between rows) to -0.5 and I think it looks good. This setting 5 lines longer appear to me.

Thanks to @kovidgoyal.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
As you are going to release officially Calibre 2.0, I would like to request as follows:

1) Ebook Viewer supports epub popup footnoote
Code:
<a href="#n1" epub:type="noteref" >1</a>

<aside id="n1" epub:type="footnote" > 
This is a note
<aside>
And, please...multiline TOC

And... off-topic

Do you plan to develop a Viewer for Android (iOS)? Please make one, and sell it as expensive as Mantano. All other readers in Android, for free or for fee, are not good enough (design, function, tech support)
popup footnotes are already on the TODO list.

I doubt Kovid will make an app he is busy enough atm and probably doesn't have time to develop in a whole new language which he may have to learn to start with. I dont know if Kovid ever learned Java, he is a Python man.

Just because Kovid does good work doesn't mean he is the only one who can do it. Personally, I am hoping for Marvin for Android.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I assume what you want to do is to update the existing jacket if there is one, or add a the jacket if there isn't. If that is the case, just select the add option. If you read the "About" text for it, it says that any existing jacket will be replaced. My quick test confirms this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I dont know if Kovid ever learned Java, he is a Python man.
I once wrote a model of the unconscious filter that human minds use in Java as a teenager. The difficulty (if any) of programming an Android app does not come from the language, more from learning the android specific API's. It is on my TODO list to make an in browser ebook viewer as part of the content server, that will then work everywhere. I dont have much interest in programming for specific mobile OSes.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The difficulty (if any) of programming an Android app does not come from the language, more from learning the android specific API's.

Oh yes, this is a very real issue. Not only must one learn the API, which is large, but one must also learn all the magic stuff they don't tell you. For example, when building a dialog, one API variant creates buttons that auto-dismiss the dialog while another variant requires you to explicitly do the dismiss. Another example: orientation changes in effect kill and restart the app, destroying in-instance state. Even after two years of working on CC I am discovering hidden "features" of the Android environment. Calibre+python is much easier to understand and work within than Android, even though it is a very large and complex collection of code.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've been using Calibre 2.0 for a time now and I've only found an issue: If I try to edit a Yes/no field in the library view, the undefined value doesn't stick, but if I open the metadata windows and I edit there, then the undefined value sticks.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can anything be done about making the current cell more distinctive - see attachments

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre1.47.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	126314   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre 1.204.1.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	126315  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've been using Calibre 2.0 for a time now and I've only found an issue: If I try to edit a Yes/no field in the library view, the undefined value doesn't stick, but if I open the metadata windows and I edit there, then the undefined value sticks.
Thanks, fixed.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: Not really, those colors come from the Qt style.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 AM   #26
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Kovid,

Here are my findings.

Main GUI:

1. With checking the new cover grid emblems I notice, that you allow defining the icon size. In the new Beta version, the icon size for column icons is bigger than in the actual version. Is it maybe possible to define the size for these icons too?

2. (Generally) In the preferences dialog for cover grid you have the three sections Main, Emblems and Performance. I am not sure but I think you are using the string "Main" on different places. In the cover grid section the existing German translation is not a good one. Is it possible to define for this section an own translation string?

The eBook-Editor:

Window Code inspector:

3. I can modify the settings but I cannot store them.

4. I have a search mask to the top right window in the actual version. I am not able to show it in the beta version.

The various tool windows:

5. The bordering of the different windows within the editor is not visible. The dots are a too small as border identification. Is this related to Qt5?

6. I found a repeatable error with regrouping of windows within the editor. Please see the attached picture. If you look on the right, I stack the windows for Check book and preview. If I now detach the File preview window and the put it below the check book window I became an error calibre parallel.exe stop working.

File viewer window:

7. (Generally) Is it possible to integrate a collapse /expand all for the file viewer (same way as you have it for ToC right click context menu)?

System is Windows Vista 64bit.

Edit: 2. add "Main"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AufzeichnenCBetaED1.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	126318   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenCBetaED2.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	126319  

Last edited by Divingduck; 08-04-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 AM   #27
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@BR: Not really, those colors come from the Qt style.
Guessed that was the problem, but thought I'd ask

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-04-2014 at 05:02 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

1. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...52&postcount=4

2. You mean "Main"?

3. This is a limitation of the inspector window in Qt5

4. Not sure what you mean

5. Yes that comes form the Qt 5 style.

6. Seems to be a QT 5 bug, I will have to investigate in more detail.

7. IMO this is not worth the menu space. There are only five categories to expand/collapse
Old 08-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #29
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
1. Yes, I did this allready (-6px, picture 2) but for my personal view it is too big. (but not a problem)

2. yes, pls. see picture 3
4. pls. see picture 1
7. I have often books with a lot files and pictures in. This is, why I ask for
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AufzeichnenCBetaED3.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	126320   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenCBetaED4.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	126321   Click image for larger version

Name:	AufzeichnenCBetaED5.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	126322  

Last edited by Divingduck; 08-04-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

2. I can change the text to some thing like 'Layout'

4. Unforntunately, the entire inspector view comes from Qt, I have no control over it at all, so nothing I can do about it.