Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #586
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Yeah they are not currently releasing it seems the firmware files, you can't ask who gifted it to you where they got it? I would have thought that boyue knew by serial number who would have had that device in Inventory.

So the apks installed fine though? Once you do it manually you do not enable the framework in the normal location if it had worked. But I guess it must be a system app and you can't manually change it to be one. Normally you would open the play store and it would trigger the account process.

Malcolm
Thanks Malcom. No, I can not ask since it is a gift that a supplier of laboratory material has made who came to our laboratories because we bought several equipment.

The applications are installed, but they are not operational, they can not even be opened.

My hope was that someone from this forum would have had the same thing and had the software ...
Boyue, do not send it to me and I have given they the serial number of the e-reader.
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #587
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Seems to work fine, page turning is not that slow either I only tested the default book thing as I don't want to sign up to anything. pinch to zoom seems pretty quick too and that is even with A2 mode off. only setting I changed was turned off page flip animation to speed that up. I also turned off the default 3rd party settings for launching the app so that it has no optimizations and it runs fine.
That's extremely good to hear. Thank you for testing for me!
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #588
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Thanks Malcom. No, I can not ask since it is a gift that a supplier of laboratory material has made who came to our laboratories because we bought several equipment.

The applications are installed, but they are not operational, they can not even be opened.

My hope was that someone from this forum would have had the same thing and had the software ...
Boyue, do not send it to me and I have given they the serial number of the e-reader.
Issue is that all the devices come with the software on them and if you take an OTA it downloads to a spot we can't access without root to extract the zip it uses to update. I think with time as the device is still kinda new someone with a rock chip tool might be able to extract the firmware to flash the base device but who knows. What apps are you wanting to use as you can probably just sideload them in the mean time in the same fashion as we tried to install the store. Also since they do not work I would uninstall those three apps from the app manager in settings so they are not hanging around.

If were to get root on the device then you could put the firmware in manually and make it active. Bot from what I can see on XDA ect. no one has done it.

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM   #589
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
Thanks Malcom.
I have no choice but I will wait and continue using the e-reader, which for everything else is fantastic.
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #590
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I am really frustrated with Buoyue Likebook support. It has been 4 working days no reply or acknowledgement from them. At least Onyx Int provide better support. Seriously thinking about sending marsbook back to the seller and getting Nova instead.
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #591
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
I am really frustrated with Buoyue Likebook support. It has been 4 working days no reply or acknowledgement from them. At least Onyx Int provide better support. Seriously thinking about sending marsbook back to the seller and getting Nova instead.
That sucks, what is the issue your trying to fix?
Malcolm
Old 01-26-2019, 06:07 AM   #592
Acaread
Acaread began at the beginning.

Device: None
Version 1.0.6 has been releases today. Could anyone who speaks Chinese summarize the changelog?

I am still on the fence whether to keep my Mars. I like the pixel density compared to the larger Mimas but unless Boyue changes something about the PDF experience or I find an alternative app, I doubt any of their readers is going to satisfy me in the long run.

What I am looking for is quick responsive highlighting, dictionary lookup. Two things my Paperwhite is better equipped for. It is infuriating how on the Likebooks one has to mark a word character by character just to look it up in the dictionary.

I tried Koreader and Moon+. The latter is way too animated for my taste and Koreader does not cut the margins the way the manual rectangle indicates, so that after cutting a bit of text is missing at the bottom.
Acaread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #593
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acaread View Post
Version 1.0.6 has been releases today. Could anyone who speaks Chinese summarize the changelog?

I am still on the fence whether to keep my Mars. I like the pixel density compared to the larger Mimas but unless Boyue changes something about the PDF experience or I find an alternative app, I doubt any of their readers is going to satisfy me in the long run.

What I am looking for is quick responsive highlighting, dictionary lookup. Two things my Paperwhite is better equipped for. It is infuriating how on the Likebooks one has to mark a word character by character just to look it up in the dictionary.

I tried Koreader and Moon+. The latter is way too animated for my taste and Koreader does not cut the margins the way the manual rectangle indicates, so that after cutting a bit of text is missing at the bottom.
You can disable animations in moon+ if that is what you want.

Also via Google lens then translate:

Warm reminder: Please ensure that the equipment is fully charged before upgrading. Please do not perform any operation during the upgrade. The upgrade will last for several minutes. Please be patient! 1. Add PDF column and reflow function: 2. Add new status bar. Task Manager): New 3, new kindle vocabulary (mobi format) support: 4, new third-party application settings; 5, new status bar system contrast adjustment; 6, bookshelf and home U adjustment , the new folder returns to the superior function: 7, the new bookshelf books re-scan function 8, the reading interface to add Regal brush mode; 9, repair the original two-color temperature apk can not remember the function.

Malcolm
Old 01-26-2019, 07:08 AM   #594
rvcjew
Addict

Thought Front Light trick was broken sent a email to Boyue with my findings but it works another way now seemingly.

I can still trick it by making the 3rd party app setting be full brightness then swapping to cool light in os, in the 3rd party app brightness slider of app controls sepia light wtf but it actually works better I think as now you set your temp by lowering brightness of OS slider (weird I know) and then brightness can be the app it self which is better then the old way where temp was the app and brightness required to use the drop down menu. I don't know if this will work for other apps but it works for moon+ and the os update now has a contrast slider which is nice.

Malcolm

Last edited by rvcjew; 01-26-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #595
Acaread
Acaread began at the beginning.

Device: None
Tried Moon+ again and it again left me dissatisfied on E-Ink.

I had a look at the Nova which seems to offer a nicer stock pdf experience based on youtube videos. Is there someone on here who has compared these two devices with a focus on PDF experience?
Acaread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:04 PM   #596
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Smile

Quote:
1. Add PDF column and reflow function: 2. Add new status bar. Task Manager): New 3, new kindle vocabulary (mobi format) support: 4, new third-party application settings; 5, new status bar system contrast adjustment; 6, bookshelf and home U adjustment , the new folder returns to the superior function: 7, the new bookshelf books re-scan function 8, the reading interface to add Regal brush mode; 9, repair the original two-color temperature apk can not remember the function.
Very nice upgrades!

Not having to reboot the device to rescan is a must! And the recent app manager made my day. Contrast slider works great too.

What is the regal refreshing mode? I've tried it and I can't see any difference.

By the way, anyone knows how to bookmark a page in the stock reader?
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #597
Thelele
Thelele has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Likebook Mars
Reflow could be good, but right now it mangles all of the word spacing and doesn't respect hyphenation. Something else that worked better in Chinese, probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
No - the best result is when everything is turned off.
On 256 level greyscale the lowest 15% are shown black and remaining 85% are seperated in the other 15 greylevels.
And this is a firmware issue - a bug beginning with 1.0.5.
You must imagine: a value of 28H middle of 3rd band (second grey) is shown in black.
This is actually fixed in the new update

Last edited by Thelele; 01-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Thelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:32 PM   #598
Morioh
Morioh began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino shine
Did someone perhaps try to use 128gb+ memory card? If so did it work? Apparently these types of controllers even if they aren't specified allow up to 2TB storage card(micro sdxc). Though it's just a rumor i heard.
Morioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:23 PM   #599
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelele View Post
This is actually fixed in the new update
Yes, now that it includes contrast control in the Switch area, I have found out what it is for. When I had it all the way up, my icons and other graphics were black and white. When I turned it all the way down, I got full greyscale. Contrast may prove useful when a book or web page includes blue links that don't show up as well as black text.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:05 AM   #600
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morioh View Post
Did someone perhaps try to use 128gb+ memory card? If so did it work? Apparently these types of controllers even if they aren't specified allow up to 2TB storage card(micro sdxc). Though it's just a rumor i heard.
I'd be surprised if a 200 or 400gb card did not work - you might need to format them on the device though, as I'm not sure if their version of android supports exFAT.
That said, I haven't tried it for the Mars, as I user my larger capacity card in another device (currently a 64gb card as partly adopted storage is sufficient for my needs ), but my observation in the past has been what you described. I had several devices that allegedly took only 32gb of Sd card storage, but worked fine with 64 or 128gb. Typically that sort of restriction is indicative of the format that is supported, as larger cards are formatted as exFAT by default. But of course you can normally reformat. I don't know of maybe with reeeally old devices you might actually have a limit at 32gb, but I'm not aware of any technical reason why 200gb cards would not be supported if 128gb cards are (as they state for the Mars).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote