Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old Today, 11:00 AM   #586
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox N96DT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Yeah they are not currently releasing it seems the firmware files, you can't ask who gifted it to you where they got it? I would have thought that boyue knew by serial number who would have had that device in Inventory.

So the apks installed fine though? Once you do it manually you do not enable the framework in the normal location if it had worked. But I guess it must be a system app and you can't manually change it to be one. Normally you would open the play store and it would trigger the account process.

Malcolm
Thanks Malcom. No, I can not ask since it is a gift that a supplier of laboratory material has made who came to our laboratories because we bought several equipment.

The applications are installed, but they are not operational, they can not even be opened.

My hope was that someone from this forum would have had the same thing and had the software ...
Boyue, do not send it to me and I have given they the serial number of the e-reader.
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:13 AM   #587
chronoreverse
chronoreverse began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Seems to work fine, page turning is not that slow either I only tested the default book thing as I don't want to sign up to anything. pinch to zoom seems pretty quick too and that is even with A2 mode off. only setting I changed was turned off page flip animation to speed that up. I also turned off the default 3rd party settings for launching the app so that it has no optimizations and it runs fine.
That's extremely good to hear. Thank you for testing for me!
chronoreverse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:37 AM   #588
rvcjew
Enthusiast
rvcjew began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, T80S, T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Thanks Malcom. No, I can not ask since it is a gift that a supplier of laboratory material has made who came to our laboratories because we bought several equipment.

The applications are installed, but they are not operational, they can not even be opened.

My hope was that someone from this forum would have had the same thing and had the software ...
Boyue, do not send it to me and I have given they the serial number of the e-reader.
Issue is that all the devices come with the software on them and if you take an OTA it downloads to a spot we can't access without root to extract the zip it uses to update. I think with time as the device is still kinda new someone with a rock chip tool might be able to extract the firmware to flash the base device but who knows. What apps are you wanting to use as you can probably just sideload them in the mean time in the same fashion as we tried to install the store. Also since they do not work I would uninstall those three apps from the app manager in settings so they are not hanging around.

If were to get root on the device then you could put the firmware in manually and make it active. Bot from what I can see on XDA ect. no one has done it.

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote