Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #1111
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.8.0

The latest changes for the plugin have just been replaced. The changes are mainly to add another source for downloading page counts and making it easy to add others. Plus a bug fix and French translation. The full list is:
  • Fix: Update book details pane after updating counts.
  • Update: Change way menu/active site is indicated.
  • New: Add function to allow downloading page count from multiple sites.
  • New: Add download page count from lubimyczytac.pl - thanks to BeckyEbook.
  • New: Redesign configuration dialog into two tabs.
  • New: French translation thanks to Nicolas F.

Calibre will present the update sometime in the next hour for downloading, or you can manually download it from the first post.

If there are any problems with the update, please report them here and I will look into them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:58 AM   #1112
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
Edit: and after having looked at it a little more, I hadn't though to use regex, but we could also simply do rt1_hour=re(time1, '\.\d*', ''); to truncate the hour... This way no rounding occurs
Using a regex to get the hour is a nice idea.
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:20 AM   #1113
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The latest changes for the plugin have just been replaced. The changes are mainly to add another source for downloading page counts and making it easy to add others. Plus a bug fix and French translation.
If there are any problems with the update, please report them here and I will look into them.
The translation you used for the release isn't the last one I posted here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_dragon View Post
Using a regex to get the hour is a nice idea.
Well, the result is the same anyway
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:33 AM   #1114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
The translation you used for the release isn't the last one I posted here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1046
I forgot to check the language files. I'll get it fixed.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:09 AM   #1115
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Updated Polish translation for version 1.8.0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CountPages180-PL-updated-translation.zip (10.1 KB, 191 views)
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #1116
Eschaton
Eschaton began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Never mind. I restarted Calibre and now it seems to be OK. I think I might have installed it this morning and not restarted Calibre after doing so. Seems to work OK now.

The plugin seems to be crashing consistently now that I've upgraded to calibre 3.0.0. Here's the error dump:

Count Page/Word Statistics
Python function terminated unexpectedly
do_count_statistics() takes at least 8 arguments (7 given) (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
TypeError: do_count_statistics() takes at least 8 arguments (7 given)

Last edited by Eschaton; 06-17-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Eschaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #1117
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
Never mind. I restarted Calibre and now it seems to be OK. I think I might have installed it this morning and not restarted Calibre after doing so. Seems to work OK now.

The plugin seems to be crashing consistently now that I've upgraded to calibre 3.0.0. Here's the error dump:

Count Page/Word Statistics
Python function terminated unexpectedly
do_count_statistics() takes at least 8 arguments (7 given) (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 101, in main
File "site.py", line 78, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
TypeError: do_count_statistics() takes at least 8 arguments (7 given)
It's working fine here. Have you upgraded to the latest version of the plugin? What options are you using when you run it?
Old 06-17-2017, 11:03 PM   #1118
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
Never mind. I restarted Calibre and now it seems to be OK.
It's working fine here. Have you upgraded to the latest version of the plugin? What options are you using when you run it?
David, you must of missed his update saying a restart solved the issue.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:18 AM   #1119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
David, you must of missed his update saying a restart solved the issue.
Actually, I read it backwards. I assumed the error message was the edit. But, rereading the post, it makes more sense the other way round.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #1120
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hey, I modified the code a bit. My plan was to speed up the APNX-accurate algorithm, but unfortunately even my alternative version only performs at around the same speed (+/- 1 second). Some things it might handle better are books with strange and/or broken markup (although Calibre should prevent that during the conversion-step).

I also made slight changes in _read_epub_contents() and _extract_body_text() that avoid some unicode conversion steps and that use the re module a bit more efficiently (regex_object.search() instead regex_object.findall(), re.sub() instead of str.replace()).

I didn't want to just throw it away, maybe you'll find it interesting or useful in some way: count-pages.patch.

Thanks for your plugin!
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #1121
scorpion2782
Enthusiast
scorpion2782 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
is it compatbile with kobo or only Kindle?
scorpion2782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #1122
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion2782 View Post
is it compatbile with kobo or only Kindle?
I don't know whether to answer "it's not compatible with anything", or "it's compatible with everything".

The plugin calculates statistics for books in your calibre library. This has absolutely nothing to do with what device you use. It does include four different ways to calculate a page count. One of these is the Kindle method, another is the ADE method which Kobo uses for epubs.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #1123
mgrimace
Connoisseur
mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!mgrimace rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I don't know whether to answer "it's not compatible with anything", or "it's compatible with everything".

The plugin calculates statistics for books in your calibre library. This has absolutely nothing to do with what device you use. It does include four different ways to calculate a page count. One of these is the Kindle method, another is the ADE method which Kobo uses for epubs.
Maybe a more accurate question would be is there a way to send the page count to a Kobo device (e.g., be able to see each book's page counts on the device itself)?
mgrimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #1124
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know I had at one time had a custom column that would store small / medium / large (or some similar description) and then I could create a collection based on that value.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #1125
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrimace View Post
Maybe a more accurate question would be is there a way to send the page count to a Kobo device (e.g., be able to see each book's page counts on the device itself)?
The Kobo devices do not display a word or page count anywhere, but there are several ways to do it.

One method is to use a metadata plugboard to add the page count to one of the pieces of metadata that is displayed. Appending it to the title or the author is what I have seen.

The other is to put it in the comments/synopsis. My Kobo Utilities plugin can do this. It can use a template to add extra information to the synopsis on the device. I use:

Code:
template:{comments}{tags:|<p>Tags: |</p>}{rating:|<p>Rating: |</p>}{#kobo_last_read:|<p>Last Read: |</p>}{#words:|<p>Word count: |</p>}
That adds the tags, my rating, the last read timestamp and the page and word count.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin