Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 04:28 AM   #226
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Some combinations of style property values are not allowed by the Previewer. Check and modify CSS styles.
Is there a way to know which style/property values ARE supported, so that we may have a target to aim for?

Thx
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:06 AM   #227
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Is there a way to know which style/property values ARE supported, so that we may have a target to aim for?
Amazon has not documented the requirements for conversion to Enhanced Typesetting. Your only choices are trial-and-error or reverse engineering the workings of the conversion routine within Kindle Previewer.

Added: Make sure you are using the latest version of Kindle Previewer 3 with this plugin. Newer Previewer versions support more e-book features and have fewer restrictions.

Last edited by jhowell; 06-26-2017 at 08:37 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #228
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Understood... Unfortunately, I do not know css well enough than for doing some elementary test... I did and it didn't work, tough luck!
Thanks
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:22 PM   #229
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Previewer version 3.12 beta is now available.

The current release of this plugin (1.8.0) works with Kindle Previewer 3.12.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:57 AM   #230
Manrico
Manrico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Kindle Previewer version 3.12 beta is now available.

The current release of this plugin (1.8.0) works with Kindle Previewer 3.12.
Thanks for the info and for the great plugin. Several of my books which failed to convert with previous Previewer now converted.
Another topic which I know doesn't exactly belong here. We know that Kovid stated there will be no enhanced support of KFX format in Calibre. But Calibre can read and parse KFX metadata and send KFX books to device. So my question is - does it mean that it will be feasible for Calibre also to handle metadata plugboards for KFX books? So that we can, for example, put series info in the title. if the common opinion is that it is possible with not so much effort, maybe we should kindly ask Govid to implement it?
Manrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #231
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manrico View Post
Several of my books which failed to convert with previous Previewer now converted.
Each Previewer release has been better than the previous ones at converting books. I recommend using the latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manrico View Post
So my question is - does it mean that it will be feasible for Calibre also to handle metadata plugboards for KFX books? So that we can, for example, put series info in the title. if the common opinion is that it is possible with not so much effort, maybe we should kindly ask Govid to implement it?
I believe that it is feasible. I have no need for such a feature myself and have other things that occupy my available time right now. I may look into it in the future.

If you wish to pursue this this Kovid, that is up to you.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #232
sarvex
sarvex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The plugin always produces a file as a document (i.e. with [PDOC] tag instead of [EBOK] tag)

Is There a way to change this?
sarvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #233
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvex View Post
The plugin always produces a file as a document (i.e. with [PDOC] tag instead of [EBOK] tag)

Is There a way to change this?
Instructions for doing this are in the first post of this thread near the end of the "Showing Cover Thumbnail Images on E-Ink Kindle Devices" topic.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #234
sarvex
sarvex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Instructions for doing this are in the first post of this thread near the end of the "Showing Cover Thumbnail Images on E-Ink Kindle Devices" topic.
Thanks a lot JHowell, I missed the instruction. I needed the tweak

Quote:
kfx_output_force_cde_type_ebok = True
sarvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #235
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Thank you for your work jhowell!
I wanted to ask if you'll be getting around to changing the maximum conversion time on the plugin? There's one book in particular that I'm trying to convert which takes only a couple of minutes to open in the Previewer but hits the limit both in Calibre GUI and with the command line interface. I'm also trying the Most Recent Book Opened by the Previewer mode right now and I've had it going for 2.30 hours with no success.
The ebook is not too big (12mb), but it's a omnibus edition containing 10 (long) books belonging to the same series, I'm wondering if that might be the reason for the delay...
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:20 PM   #236
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
I wanted to ask if you'll be getting around to changing the maximum conversion time on the plugin?
Sorry for the delay. I started some other changes to the plugin and they are not yet complete so rather than waiting until they are finished I went ahead and released a new version with just this change.

Version 1.8.1 - 31 Jul 2017

Remove the conversion time limit set by the plugin so that larger books can be converted. (A time limit can sill be set in calibre using Preferences, Miscellaneous, Abort jobs that take more than...)
Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #237
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. I started some other changes to the plugin and they are not yet complete so rather than waiting until they are finished I went ahead and released a new version with just this change.
Such a quick answer, thank you so much! I've tried with the plugin this time but it doesn't seem to make a difference unfortunately -- at every conversion attempt it seems to hang just after the conversion from EPUB to KPF:

Code:
Successfully converted EPUB to KPF
Processing container: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/calibre_vk4efv/nw_esv.kpf:resources/book.kdf
Has been going for around 3 hours now with no success. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I just have to wait for the next version of the Previewer and see if it works better than the current one.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #238
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Successfully converted EPUB to KPF
Processing container: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Local/Temp/calibre_vk4efv/nw_esv.kpf:resources/book.kdf
The log shows that the Previewer has successfully converted the book and now it is being repackaged into KFX format by the plugin. Unfortunately that part of the process is slow. For very large or complex books it might take over 24 hours.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #239
mathil
Evangelist

Quote:
The log shows that the Previewer has successfully converted the book and now it is being repackaged into KFX format by the plugin. Unfortunately that part of the process is slow. For very large or complex books it might take over 24 hours.
Good to know! I was worried it was maybe something not working on my end... now that I know it's normal behaviour I'll just let it work until it's finished Thank you again!
Old 08-04-2017, 04:37 AM   #240
abogomolov
abogomolov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
For very large or complex books it might take over 24 hours.
Wow, isn't it something eager to be optimized? O_o
And why does it take so long? I though the book isn't something that requires supercomputer to be converted.
abogomolov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine