Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
[GUI Plugin] Unplugged

This is a very simple plugin that allows you activate an "unplugged" mode, in which calibre will not detect any new connected devices. Devices already connected will continue to function normally.

N.B. This is a quick initial version. It seems to be working for me, but it may fail for any configuration different than mine (i.e., whenever I say "will", read "should"). Feel free to try it out.

Why?

You may want to plug a device into your computer and not have calibre detect and mount it. Maybe you want to run a checkdisk-like utility, or mount the device outside calibre, or the device and/or calibre is behaving strangely... You can set calibre to ignore a particular device, but that's not quick, and it requires connecting the device first, and restarting calibre, anyway.

How?

When you install the plugin there will be a new button that you can add to your toolbars, called "Unplugged". If the icon shows a plain USB plug, calibre will work as normal. Clicking on the button will toggle to a crossed out plug, now the "unplugged" mode is enabled (confusing enough?) this means if you plug a device, calibre will not detect it. The rest of the OS should be unaffected, of course. Click on the button again and calibre is back to normal (and will detect the device if you still have it plugged in). The status of the plugin is saved between calibre sessions.

Version History:
Spoiler:
  • Version 1.0.0 (2015-09-13)
    Initial release
Attached Files
File Type: zip Unplugged-1.0.0.zip (31.6 KB, 152508 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 11-08-2015 at 03:53 AM.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:53 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Nice now I can connect my phone or reader using calibrecompanion and still attach it to the pc for charging. Will try it and let you know about the results.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Great idea! Simple, yet extremely useful. Thank you!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

The plugin doesn't work anymore. It would be great if this could be fixed.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In which way it doesn't work? It still does for me (calibre 2.62 on linux, just tested with a Kindle Fire), and I don't see anything in the relevant code that has changed recently.

Remember that the plugin is enabled (new devices are not detected) when the icon shows a crossed-out plug (forbidden sign).
Advert
Old 07-18-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Seems fine with Calibre 2.62 and Windows 10.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
Joanna
Groupie

I enabled the plugin (so that a crossed-out plug was shown), waited for a moment and plugged the device in: it was detected by Calibre. I repeated this a couple of times, with the same result (I restarted Calibre and switched the plugin on and off).

I'm on Calibre 2.60, Win 7 Pro, the device was Kindle Paperwhite 3. I'll check it again: if it works for all of you and nothing relevant has changed, it should work for me as well .
Old 07-19-2016, 03:09 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Maybe the code path for the Paperwhite is different. Did it work for you before?
Old 07-19-2016, 04:27 AM   #9
Joanna
Groupie

It did work for me before, I've had the same reader for almost a year. However, using my Kindle e-mail to send books, I hadn't plugged the device in for quite a while, until yesterday.

Today I've tried it again and this time, it seemed to work fine (my computer detected the device, and Calibre didn't, a couple of times in a row). Maybe it was just some glitch? I'll keep an eye on that.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I wish this plugin could simulate ejecting / unplugging a device that is already plugged in. Or maybe just simulate replugging a device.

In other words, something has happened and the books on the device have changed since calibre synced, I'd like it to pretend the device was just plugged in and have it resync.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:23 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I'm not sure I have the ability (or motivation) to implement that. It could be something useful in calibre itself, have you suggested it there? (I suggested the functionality of this plugin, but Kovid said he wouldn't do it because he thought it would only confuse users, but he may agree on a resync option.)
Old 09-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #12
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Question on how to install. How do i install this plugin? (the included text file is blank, downloaded it a few times with no luck). My underlying issue is that calibre takes forever to index my device, so it's kind of useless for me to have it see my device, with it trying to run the job in the background it's unusable. (I'll just have to manually transfer my files)

Appreciate any help you can lend, Tom
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomx2 View Post
Question on how to install. How do i install this plugin? (the included text file is blank, downloaded it a few times with no luck). My underlying issue is that calibre takes forever to index my device, so it's kind of useless for me to have it see my device, with it trying to run the job in the background it's unusable. (I'll just have to manually transfer my files)

Appreciate any help you can lend, Tom
Given that plugin has not been updated since 2015, you might be better off setting calibre to ignore your device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #14
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Understood, thanks. That's what i've done. Tried a few times, but it didn't take. Calibre has a bit of an issue with controlling devices, but manually moving files is not a big deal.

Thanks again for your time, Tom
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Quote:
Understood, thanks. That's what i've done. Tried a few times, but it didn't take. Calibre has a bit of an issue with controlling devices, but manually moving files is not a big deal.
The plugin is working fine here. I just installed it on my Linux box at work, but, use it all the time under Windows at home.

The included text file is blank because it is supposed to be blank. But, that suggests you are unpacking the zip file. Don't. You install the plugin through the Plugin page of the preferences. Either use the "Get new plugins" button to open a dialog with a list of available plugins and find it, or use the "Load plugin from file" button to find and install the plugin zip file from your local disc.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote