Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
A Collection is just a List of files

"Pern"
<list of Pern Books filenames on your device>

the book appears in 2 places on your Kindle
In the collection "Pern"
and in the list of books on the device

The (extended)NAME of the book is set the Plugboard to prepend the {series_Index}
ok, sorry for the wrong thread
scorpion2782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #122
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle keyboard
Is there any plugin that will create a collection and move the file to the collection so it does not show in the list of books on the device but only in the collection?

KDeasy does this (i know that guy is banned but still) but it sadly does not play well with my K3/keyboard which has over 2000 books on it. Just gets stuck indexing. I'd prefer if they don't show up in the list of books as well as the collection folder but can't figure out if this is possible with Collections Manager/kindle collections. Every time I attempt this the books stay in my collections folder but also show up in the list of books on the device.

Also is there a way to make the kindle collection plugin list the books in the order they were added to the kindle? I couldn't figure this out either. Tried to add another column but nope.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Last edited by crouton; 01-11-2016 at 01:29 PM.
crouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #123
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What is your Kindle's Sort Order set to? It should be "Collections", but any other sort order will list both the books and the collections.
Collections sort will only list collections + books that aren't in collections. It doesn't require any hacks or non-Amazon tools at all.

As for listing books in the order they were added to the Kindle, that information is not stored anywhere on the Kindle.
"Collections" or "Recent" will both sort by the order they were last opened, though.

This is on the *Kindle*, not in calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #124
crouton
Try me on salads!
crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.crouton knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
What is your Kindle's Sort Order set to? It should be "Collections", but any other sort order will list both the books and the collections.
Collections sort will only list collections + books that aren't in collections. It doesn't require any hacks or non-Amazon tools at all.

As for listing books in the order they were added to the Kindle, that information is not stored anywhere on the Kindle.
"Collections" or "Recent" will both sort by the order they were last opened, though.

I've tried it set to Collections and the Collections show at the top but the books themselves show up underneath the Collections folder as if it were just added to the kindle and not to the collection.

Normally I just sort by Most Recent but I am trying to get a handle of this out of control collection of books and sort by Collection. Maybe I am using the plugin improperly.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:05 PM   #125
crouton
Try me on salads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

I think I figured the problem. My kindle has 1996 books on it and when I try to do a create collections from series tag or anything where I have a lot of books the action fails and no data is given in "show details". But if I create a new collection criteria say "My Collection" and add a few books to it, the creation will work properly.

Any ideas?
Advert
Old 01-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #126
Elenus
Elenus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch K5
Hello,
I have just exported my books from calibre to my Kindle using this plugin and CM. I chose to make collections based on both series and authors. After the collections got exported to my kindle i imported them using CM and then sorted them into two new parent collections. "Authors" and "Series". After i did this i noticed that i forgot to sort some of my books in to their series, so they were only in the author collection and in no series collection. I fixed this and exported/imported to the Kindle again.
The problem i am having is that i am not seeing the new collections that should be created from these new series. However when i open "View report of Kindle collections and books" the new collections are listed there. I have tried reastarting my device to no avail.
I have attached the list over my Kindles collections and books. The new collections that arent showing up are "A Song of Ice and Fire" and "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".
Do any of you have any idea of what i did wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: txt temp.txt (69.5 KB, 1175 views)
Elenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:46 AM   #127
Leox91
Leox91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2015
I think I understood that this need a jailbroken device, am I right? I've a Kindle PW (the last one), so I think I can't use this
Leox91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 AM   #128
Elenus
Elenus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leox91 View Post
I think I understood that this need a jailbroken device, am I right? I've a Kindle PW (the last one), so I think I can't use this
Yes, this requires a jailbroken device, because you need to install collection manager to your Kindle for it to work. That unfortunately requires a jailbroken device.
Elenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #129
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leox91 View Post
You are in luck, a simple jailbreak method for 5.6.5 has just been released (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05&postcount=1).

Alan.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #130
Madeupagin
Madeupagin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Last Post in 2014 -

I see this in my Plug-Ins page on Calibre 2.50.1 64x -- and am wondering if this has been updated to work with a Kindle Fire? Man, if it would! (I understand from some people that they are not called Kindle anymore, they are simply Fire, but my devices calls them Kindle Fires 1, 2, 3, 4 and my "just" Fires are for the TV sticks I have purchased -- yes, I love Kindles). My last two are 5th Generation, if that helps.
Madeupagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #131
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem is that the Kindle Fire tablets and the Kindle E-Ink ereaders are fundamentally different devices.

They share no code, and while it is theoretically possible someone could extend the plugin to work with the Kindle Fires as well, that would take starting from the beginning all over again.

tl;dr
Just because it is also a "Kindle", doesn't mean it actually uses the same collections database.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #132
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That does remind me that I need to push the update with the autodetection for newer devices. I just have to find some time to check that said autodetection still works with Calibre's new Windows USB stuff from 2.50.1...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #133
topquark
Connoisseur
topquark began at the beginning.

Device: K3, PW2
I have a question/problem. I've been using this plugin for years to manage my Kindle Keyboard as well as my mother's. Now, if I want to delete some books I've read using the Kindle itself, would that create a problem with the plugin? I mean, would that delete the categories or anything like that? I know you can only manage the collections either via Kindle or via the plugin, but would deleting books from the Kindle affect this? I ask because it would be so much more convenient to be able to delete each book that you've finished instead of having to go through Calibre for that.
topquark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #134
topquark
Connoisseur
topquark began at the beginning.

Device: K3, PW2
I'm afraid to try it out for fear of losing the collections. It's going to be a lot of work to recreate those.
topquark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #135
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

It's perfectly safe. The Kindle is able to delete books that are in collections with no harm done, and the plugin will simply create/update collections based on the current books on your Kindle.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle