Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
A new kindle so

Rather than get this bogged down in the hack thread, I am hoping my query gets seen.

Months ago I hacked my old kindle for 2.3 update for screensaver and font. The font process was easy, but the screensaver process required creating a screensaver folder etc.

Now, having just updated to 2.5.3 and have installed the hacks again, but the screensaver folder was there. Does the 2.5.2 new hack process install this folder, or was it left over from last time.

I am getting hubby a kindle which should be arriving soon, so can those in the know confirm if I need to create that folder first, or does the new update 2.5.3 do everything I need to do.

Thanx
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Ah, now I see what you meant!

Yeah, that 'screensaver' folder is related to a ScreenSaver hack. (Not mine, but one of the others). So, err, depends on your ss hack if you'll have to create it manually or if the hack takes care of it. I can't really speak for hacks other than mine .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like yours NiLuJe! SO that makes it easy. Thankyou!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E

Well, while I'm here, a quick update: The next version of the hacks is basically ready, so they should be released in a day or two, after a bit of testing, if I managed not to break anything .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
Pushka
Wizard

Thankyou for all your work NiLuJe. Kudos. It seems I have to share the love before I can give you anymore!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
kornhill
kornhill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
What changes are there for the new version ?
kornhill is offline   Reply With Quote