Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
anontemp123
anontemp123 began at the beginning.

Device: K4
Downgrading K4 firmware from 4.1.0 to 4.0.1

I want to downgrade my K4NT so I can get the Wi-Fi option back in the regular menu. (This airplane mode stuff just irks me, too.) If I just place the 4.0.1 firmware on the Kindle and reboot, I'm afraid I'll still have files left over from the 4.1.0 and might brick my Kindle.

Is there a safe way to completely reformat the Kindle and restore a previous firmware, or am I pretty much stuck?

As an alternative, is there some way to put Wi-Fi option back in the regular menu (instead of having to go to Settings)?
anontemp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by anontemp123 View Post
I want to downgrade my K4NT so I can get the Wi-Fi option back in the regular menu. (This airplane mode stuff just irks me, too.) If I just place the 4.0.1 firmware on the Kindle and reboot, I'm afraid I'll still have files left over from the 4.1.0 and might brick my Kindle.

Is there a safe way to completely reformat the Kindle and restore a previous firmware, or am I pretty much stuck?

As an alternative, is there some way to put Wi-Fi option back in the regular menu (instead of having to go to Settings)?
You are pretty much stuck.
The K4 used incremental updates, not complete images.

You might be able to find a complete image in the various collections of "debricking images".
Check with Geekmaster's original debricking threads, see what might still be posted on-line.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
What does kubrick shove on there? I forget...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
What does kubrick shove on there? I forget...
4.1 something

And there was some discussion about a year ago about taking down the older recovery image versions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
anontemp123
anontemp123 began at the beginning.

Device: K4
Thanks for the reply. Good I asked before bricking my Kindle. Oddly, Amazon was real quick about updating me to 4.1.0, but haven't updated me to 4.1.1.
anontemp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert