Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 08:02 AM   #1
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Question Kindle 2nd generation is not recognised by pc today

Kindle 2nd generation is not recognised by pc today

I have two 2nd generation kindles.
I usually send new ebooks to my pc before adding them when i need them.

However today my pc does not see my kindles which I plug them into the computer.

My External Drive still shows and opens when I plug that in.
Help!

Last edited by Jo69; 10-02-2021 at 09:06 AM.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #2
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
I'm not sure if I can be much help but my husband's Kindle 2 is still recognized by the pc when plugged in. Did you check if a different cable would work? Maybe the cable is bad or the Kindle itself has a problem with the charging port. My Kindle 1 has a bad charging port and I can no longer use it.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2021, 01:05 AM   #3
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I'm not sure if I can be much help but my husband's Kindle 2 is still recognized by the pc when plugged in. Did you check if a different cable would work? Maybe the cable is bad or the Kindle itself has a problem with the charging port. My Kindle 1 has a bad charging port and I can no longer use it.
I have tried lots of different charging cables and it happens on both my 3nd generation cables.. Only started yesterday. I can still charge it with any cable.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:39 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Reboot the Kindle, and the computer. For the Kindle, hold the power button for a full 30 seconds. After it reboots, try it again.

In my experience, reboots fix a multitude of weird behavior.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #5
Jo69
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Reboot the Kindle, and the computer. For the Kindle, hold the power button for a full 30 seconds. After it reboots, try it again.

In my experience, reboots fix a multitude of weird behavior.
Thanks Tried that but no luck.
3 tablets work plugged into the pc no problem,
But suddenly both kindles will not!
Tried all the charging cables I have also.
Advert