Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-08-2021, 01:41 AM   #166
philips
philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.philips ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 505
[QUOTE=RobotDot;4152459]some pics

Is the screen on the hisense touch any faster or otherwise much different than the inkpalm?
philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #167
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Anyone tried Libby on this yet?
alehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:41 PM   #168
RobotDot
RobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: inkpalm, hisense touch, kobo
[QUOTE=philips;4152566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDot View Post
some pics

Is the screen on the hisense touch any faster or otherwise much different than the inkpalm?
I believe they are using the same type of screen, but touch has better/more software tweaks and such in my opinion. The ink palm is a good cheap well implemented barebones device, the touch matches that.. plus more refinement in software and hardware addons

Last edited by RobotDot; 09-10-2021 at 11:44 PM.
RobotDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:57 AM   #169
zuperdzigh
zuperdzigh began at the beginning.

Device: Moaan Inkpalm 5
I got mine from Xiaomi Youpin shop via personal shopper.
I read this forum before buying and since I know nothing about technical stuff, I thought I would keep the inkpalm as it is.

I don't speak Chinese, so I changed my mind immediately. It took me hours to change the language to English I used webADB because I had trouble installing ADB to mac.

thanks to this forum, I managed to open my kindle account and then installing Gramedia Digital (Indonesian ebook publisher).

out of curiosity, I tried to login to the system using wechat (I also need Chinese phone number as well). it is not necessary to login since I still can use the inkpalm to read, but it is kinda nice to see the reading tracker is now working. The problem is it counts how long I use the inkpalm even though I don't use it to read.

by logging in, I could also use the Moaan web (https://web.moaansmart.com) to put my books to the cloud then download it using the inkpalm, it helps me a lot since I can only access the internal storage when it connected to my windows laptop.
zuperdzigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #170
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm sorry if I missed it in an earlier message, but has anybody successfully upgraded this to Android 9 or higher? I've got a Garmin Varia for my bicycle, and would love to get a display that's readable in full sun, but the Android app requires minimum Android 9.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:03 AM   #171
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Complain to the App developer, or Garmin if they developed it. That's crazy. Lots of things are still sold with Android 8.x and plenty of Apps still support Android 6.x
Most phones and tablets never get major Android OS upgrades.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:39 AM   #172
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I'm sorry if I missed it in an earlier message, but has anybody successfully upgraded this to Android 9 or higher? I've got a Garmin Varia for my bicycle, and would love to get a display that's readable in full sun, but the Android app requires minimum Android 9.
The Garmin Varia app requires Android 5 (according to Google Play Store) and runs on my Likebook P6 (Android 8.1) without any problems.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:20 AM   #173
-stepan-
Enthusiast
-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Nia
Hi. Can anybody tell me - the InkPalm 5 really runs out of battery quickly? If i install Moon Reader, read somewhere for 4-5 hours a day, 100-200 pages, no backlight, no Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, then a maximum of 2-3 days is enough? I would like to buy, but this autonomy is no better than on a regular smartphone
-stepan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:41 AM   #174
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hi Reader Pro, Page, Tab Ultra C, Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I have Bluetooth on, WiFi off, light always on low, never fully powered off.

I use Moonreader for 2 hours a day. A full charge drain is over a week (up to 10 days), but I usually just top up every 5.

As the battery is small, it doesn’t take long to charge.

Last edited by rowe; 09-30-2021 at 02:25 AM.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #175
treo
Read ebook - save a tree
treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Touch, InkPalm, PB Touch HD 3, Oasis, Aura One, Paperlike
Question Hisense Touch TTS

[QUOTE=RobotDot;4152459]some pics

Did you manage to install an English (or other language) TTS?

I've tried few things, but still see only Chinese peach engines...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211014_170230677_Settings.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	189614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211014_170244153_语音设置.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	189615  
treo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:27 AM   #176
treo
Read ebook - save a tree
treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Touch, InkPalm, PB Touch HD 3, Oasis, Aura One, Paperlike
Thumbs up Hisense Touch TTS - fixed

[QUOTE=treo;4162464][QUOTE=RobotDot;4152459]some pics

Just installed "Multilingual TTS" and then suddenly have acces to a few speech engines ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211014_172149361_Settings.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	189617  
treo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #177
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
I want to get a Xiaomi Inkpalm 5. Cost ~US$125.

Chinese interface is manageable so I only have a few requirements that will make it happen. Is it possible?

1. Can load/sideload and read english language epubs without any device mods. Wirelessly is preferred. Highlights and annotations retrieval a benefit.
2. No need to physically connect to another device except perhaps during setup.

Have never physically connected my Kobo Clara HD to a computer, do sideload books wirelessly and hoping can do something similar with Xiaomi Inkpalm 5. Have not device mod’ed Clara and don’t use calibre, Koreader, etc.

Last edited by Nightflyer; 10-26-2021 at 01:28 PM.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:01 AM   #178
-stepan-
Enthusiast
-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.-stepan- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Nia
Has anyone taken apart the book? Is it possible in theory to pick up a battery with a larger capacity? Шs the battery glued directly to the glass like in Pocketbook Touch Lux 4 or like in Kobo on a metal frame (won't the e-ink glass substrate crush the battery when swelling?). I apologize for the Google translation. And such a question - Waking up from sleep only with the power button? Does the sleep mode normally save battery power or do you need to turn off the book?
-stepan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:52 AM   #179
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Usually you can only fit the same capacity cell.
1) More capacity is larger and rarely fits, except maybe some tablets.
2) Charging system may be for a particular model and capacity of cell.

Technically a battery is multiple cells. That's usually only in laptops. Phones, ereaders and tablets tend to have a single lithium cell now.

A sleep mode saves a lot of power, especially if WiFi & Bluetooth are off.

Last edited by Quoth; 11-08-2021 at 06:55 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:47 AM   #180
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just got mine!

It's an awesome little device in some ways, but it's too sluggish.
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote