Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Mac, Linux, and/or Windows apps for E-Ink Screens?

I'm using a Mac Mini and trying Duet Display to use a Likebook Mars as a small secondary monitor. I am considering a Likebook P10 as a more practical secondary monitor.

Duet Display supports touch. Some other screen sharing apps don't. Some eink-monitors support touch. Some others don't.

So what reader apps would be a good choice for this situation?

I figure it will be helpful to have easy ways to:

1. Adjust window size, of course.

2. Adjust contrast in pdfs, to darken text, lighten backgrounds, etc.

3. Fit pdfs to the window, top to bottom as well as side to side. If it also shows thumbnails, that is one way to page up and page down w/o using the keyboard.

4. Easily switch font size, line spacing, font, and contrast in epub and mobi.

I have a hard time finding which apps support these things.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
P.S. I tried Calibre's built-in viewer. It has useful font preferences. But like all the others, it ignores its own preferences. It lacks line spacing preferences.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-ink monitors, linux apps, mac apps, windows apps