Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
question about cut/paste

I have perhaps an odd question, but I find that occasionally when I am trying to cut/paste a small amount of text in Sigil, I mis-press some keys and find that all my text in the file beyond where I was working has been deleted and pasted into an entirely new just-created .xhtml file, Section0001.xhtml? If the Section0001.xhtml already existed, then it pastes the cut text at the beginning of the text already existing in the file. Because this has happened before I don't worry much and simply select all the appropriated text and the paste it back where it belongs, but the fact that such occurs in Sigil seems odd. I use touch typing so I don't know exactly what key combinations I pressed.

I've never been able to recreate on purpose this behavior in Sigil. Does anyone know what key press combination does what I described: cut a big section of text and place it in a brand new .xhtml file or add it to the contents of another file?
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Control-Enter (aka Return) is the same as cliclikg the Ch icon
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
theducks

Thanks
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote