Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2022, 08:29 AM   #1
Compy
Compy began at the beginning.

Device: none
LibreOffice Tags

Hi From Chester UK
Hi, I have just started with ubuntu and calibre on a newly built PC and newly acquired asustor4 NAS. First time for everything.
I have lots of books and documents now stored on NAS and have managed to get calibre to build a library on the NAS using a mount with nobrl specified. I realise there maybe issues with this but I need to share the books & documents across multiple PCs.

I have another problem now. I wish to load some Libreoffice writer documents into calibre and have set the keywords in the documents to a, b, c. I have set the tags in calibre to be hierarchical. If I load the document into calibre it only takes the first keyword and ignores the rest. If I save the document as a PDF and load that it sees all 3 keywords.

The PDF load creates 3 separate tag fields in calibre so that I can select by field a,b or c or any combination of them - just as I want. However I do not want to save as a PDF to get this to work.
How do I load the Libreoffice document and get calibre to see all the keywords/tags?

ubuntu 20.04
calibre 5.34.0
Libreoffice 7.2.5.2

Thanks
Compy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...1ccf915f1bd0c8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:27 AM   #3
Compy

Hi
Thanks for such a quick response.
I am not sure what I am to do with the code you sent?
Old 01-17-2022, 06:07 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compy View Post
Hi
Thanks for such a quick response.
I am not sure what I am to do with the code you sent?
That just means your problem has been fixed and all you have to do is wait for the next released version of Calibre for the fix.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:21 AM   #5
Compy

Thanks