Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Talking Kobo Elipsa compatiblel pen! (found one)

So, I just got my Elipsa and it was quite an ordeal (my father sent it to me, DHL Mexico "lost" it for over a week and only once an official investigation was started with DHL Canada did it eventually start to move, which I think only worked because we insured the package and they would have had to pay out more than the shipment was worth if they didn't "find" it).

Anyways, back on topic. I immediately checked to see if everything was there and if it was working, given the circumstances. I'm happy to say everything was there and it seems to be working fine.

Then I tested the different pens I have to see if they worked. Basically I have a few active (AAAA battery) Wacom compatible pens for my Lenovo laptop and LG phone.

The normal Wacom compatible pens don't work.

BUT The Wacom Bamboo Ink, which supports two protocols, does work. It does not work in Wacom mode, but in the alternate protocol, the one designed to work with the Surface tablets, does.

So if you have any Surface compatible pens they should work with the Kobo Elipsa.

This is great news for people who lose their Kobo pen before they offer one for individual sale, it is also great to have options because who knows how much a replacement will eventually cost or maybe an individual might prefer the writing feel of another one. Options are always a good thing.

Anyways, I thought you guys might like to know and if anyone has a Surface compatible pen and would like to share whether it works for them or not, feel free.

Oh, the buttons also work the same as with the Kobo pen, so functionality is identical.

Cheers!

TL;DR

basically pens compatible with surface devices should work on the Elipsa (so n-trig compatible pens if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited by Nightyume; 09-03-2021 at 08:40 PM.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
I recently switched to using the Renaisser 520C (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0987J23K1) and have been pretty happy with it. The built-in/rechargeable battery is great and I prefer the writing feel vs. the stock stylus.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab78727 View Post
I recently switched to using the Renaisser 520C (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0987J23K1) and have been pretty happy with it. The built-in/rechargeable battery is great and I prefer the writing feel vs. the stock stylus.
Thanks for the information. How well does it function for highlighting?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:51 AM   #4
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
I don't use the highlighting feature much but when I've (inadvertently) triggered it by using the upper button, it appeared to highlight the text as expected.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote