Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-09-2021, 03:57 AM   #781
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I had a problem last time I tried to use a flashing tool, so I was hoping for continued, simple, OTA updates for the Mimas. Is it likely that there won't be any more of those types of Mimas updates for bug fixing and improvements now that Boyue has provided an update to Android 8.1 that has to be flashed? Am I misunderstanding this?
Since its a full OS upgrade not hot fixes it needs to be flashed as one system image wiping the device in the process, Then sequential ones are OTA.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #782
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Not android expert (maybe it has something to do with RK chip), but it's one-off update then we'll be receiving OTA updates as usual. Some other reader already got 3.0.3.

To be honest, didn't see much improvement. Maybe performance got better for a little. And glad to see DJVU support, finally.
You still can't navigate between book and notes through recent apps. Notes/book is shown but you just don't go anywhere because it's running under same process of BoyueOS
Thank you very much for your reply. I don't think I am going to do the Android update. I hope I still get some improvements and bug-fixes in the reading and note-taking apps in the future. I don't know how likely that is, especially if I stay with the current Android version.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2021, 04:11 PM   #783
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Since its a full OS upgrade not hot fixes it needs to be flashed as one system image wiping the device in the process, Then sequential ones are OTA.
Thank you for your reply - I didn't see it before I posted earlier. So probably no more OTA updates if I don't flash the full OS upgrade first? Is that how these things tend to work?
Old 02-10-2021, 08:22 AM   #784
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Thank you very much for your reply. I don't think I am going to do the Android update. I hope I still get some improvements and bug-fixes in the reading and note-taking apps in the future. I don't know how likely that is, especially if I stay with the current Android version.
Speaking of notes. They seem less stable on 3.0.2. I have 70 page notebook and it freezes sometimes for couple of seconds when i do some writing. One time whole reader hung up while opening this notebook so i had to reset it by holding power button.
New firmware definitely needs some testing

Last edited by Bratken; 02-10-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #785
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for your reply - I didn't see it before I posted earlier. So probably no more OTA updates if I don't flash the full OS upgrade first? Is that how these things tend to work?
Yeah they would only push the last OTA to your device that it supports at its current major version. On phones they do small like "get ready" OTA's for the big OS OTA updates but boyue is not doing anything like that and has opted for the full firmware flash of new major OS versions option. This might have something to do with the SOC (rockchip SOC) that they use in their devices.
Advert
Old 02-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #786
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Speaking of notes. They seem less stable on 3.0.2. I have 70 page notebook and it freezes sometimes for couple of seconds when i do some writing. One time whole reader hung up while opening this notebook so i had to reset it by holding power button.
New firmware definitely needs some testing
Well that's disappointing!

Quote:
Yeah they would only push the last OTA to your device that it supports at its current major version. On phones they do small like "get ready" OTA's for the big OS OTA updates but boyue is not doing anything like that and has opted for the full firmware flash of new major OS versions option. This might have something to do with the SOC (rockchip SOC) that they use in their devices.
Thank you for your explanation. I guess I will be stuck with my current version unless I flash the ROM at some point. I may give it a try after some things in my personal life settle down, and I dig up my old Windows 7 laptop to use in the process.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:36 AM   #787
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

Device: Boyue Alita
I installed 8.1 on the Alita a few weeks ago and can't say that I've noticed any difference. There haven't been any Boyue updates to download either.
bazz2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:08 PM   #788
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz2004 View Post
I installed 8.1 on the Alita a few weeks ago and can't say that I've noticed any difference.
cbr, cbz
Quote:
There haven't been any Boyue updates to download either.
Wrong!
Current OS version is BYRead-V3.0.2
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:35 AM   #789
bazz2004
Groupie
bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.bazz2004 is less competitive than you.

"Wrong!
Current OS version is BYRead-V3.0.2" ottischwenk,

Yes that's what's showing as installed. Again I've not noticed any changes but at least it still works.

I'm not sure if your replies to my posts are meant to be rude or are put downs to defend Boyue. "Wrong!" is getting used rather a lot to start off your responses to my posts. Perhaps you could be be a bit more friendly with your choice of words. You clearly spend a good deal more time than most of us on Boyue e-readers and actively promote them. Please make allowances for those whose time and interest is more limited.

Are you saying by including "cbr" and "cbz that it can now read comics?
Old 02-13-2021, 06:22 AM   #790
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not sure if your replies to my posts are meant to be rude or are put downs to defend Boyue. "Wrong!" is getting used rather a lot to start off your responses to my posts.
I said "Wrong!" because what you said
Quote:
There haven't been any Boyue updates to download either.
was wrong.
Original Update to Android 8.1 was BYRead-V3.0.1
Quote:
Are you saying by including "cbr" and "cbz that it can now read comics?
Yes.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:37 AM   #791
bazz2004
Groupie

Boyue support is poor and the number of Boyue threads on the forum is surprisingly small.
It doesn't feel a friendly place to ask questions or raise issues and so I suggest you develop a less confrontational style.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:01 AM   #792
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Boyue support is poor and the number of Boyue threads on the forum is surprisingly small.
The problems you have with your Alita are not problems with Boyue, but problems you have with Android.
Maybe that's why the threads are so small here because there are few problems?
Quote:
It doesn't feel a friendly place to ask questions
I can't remember any questions from you, just attempts to cast a bad light on Boyue, such as your claim that Boyue Support is poor - I got a helpful answer to every one of my questions.
Quote:
or raise issues and so I suggest you develop a less confrontational style.
Why should I kindly answer your incorrect statements?
Old 02-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #793
acareray
acareray began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Hotspot&tethering function

Hi,

I upgraded my Mimas to Android 8.1 with last update. But usb tethering function disappeared. It was useful for screen monitoring with Spacedesk. Does anybody have same problem?
acareray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:24 AM   #794
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acareray View Post
Hi,

I upgraded my Mimas to Android 8.1 with last update. But usb tethering function disappeared. It was useful for screen monitoring with Spacedesk. Does anybody have same problem?
Are you using the app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...spacedesk.beta Does it require USB debugging to be on? edit: the option is gone or when connected to the pc it doesn't work?

Last edited by rvcjew; 02-19-2021 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:13 AM   #795
acareray
acareray began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Are you using the app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...spacedesk.beta Does it require USB debugging to be on? edit: the option is gone or when connected to the pc it doesn't work?
Yes it is. I dont remember whether debugging mode on or off when i could successfully connected. The option has completely gone. I tried debgging mode also after the update. But it did not change.
acareray is offline   Reply With Quote