Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 01:18 AM   #736
GreyCivic
GreyCivic began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Internal update and PDF Zoom problem

Hello,

when i open the internal boyue reader on my mimas, i got this message for an update - did anyone have the same?
But it gives me an error - it says error with parsing the package.
(can´t upload the screenshot here - at the moment just get error message for this)

I have also a problem with the internal PDF Reader of my Mimas.
In the past i remember, when i zoom to pdf, it was possible to move through the document (or the active page).
But since 4-5month, it always try to change to the next page (in a document with just one page, it always says to me, document ended) -> this annoys me!

Last edited by GreyCivic; 05-01-2020 at 01:22 AM.
GreyCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:35 AM   #737
GreyCivic

now the screenshot is possible. (see the attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	178952  
Advert
Old 05-01-2020, 05:11 AM   #738
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCivic View Post
Hello,

when i open the internal boyue reader on my mimas, i got this message for an update - did anyone have the same?
(can´t upload the screenshot here - at the moment just get error message for this)
I have the same message. Try to download an update, but It's fuc***g slow...
Only 4% in half an hour !
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #739
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Quote:
Hello,

I have also a problem with the internal PDF Reader of my Mimas.
In the past i remember, when i zoom to pdf, it was possible to move through the document (or the active page).
But since 4-5month, it always try to change to the next page (in a document with just one page, it always says to me, document ended) -> this annoys me!
Although with a slow download speed, I’ve been able to update just now.

And yes, that weird behavior with zoomed pdf was new since a few months back, but with this new update from today, we can move inside the page while zoomed in again 😀
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #740
GreyCivic

Thats great, this annoyed me very much, so much, that i put PDFs into OneNote (with the very much writing delay).

My parsing error is now gone, i deleted with the datamanager the file in the "BOYUE_LAUNCH_APK".
Now download runs...
Advert
Old 05-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #741
GreyCivic

Quote:
Thats great, this annoyed me very much, so much, that i put PDFs into OneNote (with the very much writing delay).

My parsing error is now gone, i deleted with the datamanager the file in the "BOYUE_LAUNCH_APK".
Now download runs...

The Update make the zoom available in pdf, and move in the zoomed document.
But if i make a drawing in the zoomed area, and the zooming out, the drawing will be not sized correctly. It will become very big .
Is there nobody testing at Boyue?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:24 PM   #742
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
now the screenshot is possible. (see the attachment)
Dear god.... I can't figure out over half of that. Did they use google translate?
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #743
GreyCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Dear god.... I can't figure out over half of that. Did they use google translate?
Really good, yes.

I still can’t use the pdf reader like I want. For months now.

Hopefully update will released soon.
What i like at Boyue, that they work on a 1year old device with new firmwares further on.

Last edited by GreyCivic; 05-05-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #744
Maginus
Maginus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (1st edition)
Directory Folders

After the recent update to the OS the new launcher stopped showing directory folders in the library section which has been really annoying but it seems the new launcher update has reenabled that feature - However, it only registers new folders. The directory folders that were present before the launcher update are still a mess. This means I have a library section with 106 pages. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I also agree with the lack of testing - All of my sidenotes for my scientific articles and books dissapeared after the OS update which has caused a lot of frustration and wasted time - If anyone knows of a fix to this it would also be appreciated.
Maginus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:25 AM   #745
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maginus View Post
After the recent update to the OS the new launcher stopped showing directory folders in the library section which has been really annoying but it seems the new launcher update has reenabled that feature - However, it only registers new folders. The directory folders that were present before the launcher update are still a mess. This means I have a library section with 106 pages. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I also agree with the lack of testing - All of my sidenotes for my scientific articles and books dissapeared after the OS update which has caused a lot of frustration and wasted time - If anyone knows of a fix to this it would also be appreciated.
Have you cleared the cache of the launcher app, as well as rebooted since the launcher update?
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #746
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
[...] It may be the full ROM but that's not enough to fix a brick for instance. A semi brick maybe, the biggest issue is that if you are semi bricked you normally can only flash the firmware img format stuff to the device through it's bootloader and a pc.
I had a chat with someone from Likebook, asking the for a download of the current Mimas firmware. They gave me following two options:

1. Download from mega.nz/file/Y0xV0RyL#Z9hk7ZBbDlK-BlNfyqguqCBWtswDGcVujttB3PjVLzI a document containing instructions and additional download sources (which also includes a rar'ed .img file) to enable flashing the device from a PC with RKDevTool. This is probably suitable for unbricking a Mimas should the need ever arise.

2. A download of the current 'update-T103D-V2.3.3.zip' from mega.nz/file/4pwnXBBC#QMpHQHqYQrZvkGMgQeEzrHcPpIUREcIlKGvk5mIG_ Qk

I'd suggest to all interested parties to get hold of these files while they are still available.

Last edited by orebmur; 06-18-2020 at 02:20 PM.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #747
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orebmur View Post
I had a chat with someone from Likebook, asking the for a download of the current Mimas firmware. They gave me following two options:

1. Download from mega.nz/file/Y0xV0RyL#Z9hk7ZBbDlK-BlNfyqguqCBWtswDGcVujttB3PjVLzI a document containing instructions and additional download sources (which also includes a rar'ed .img file) to enable flashing the device from a PC with RKDevTool. This is probably suitable for unbricking a Mimas should the need ever arise.

2. A download of the current 'update-T103D-V2.3.3.zip' from mega.nz/file/4pwnXBBC#QMpHQHqYQrZvkGMgQeEzrHcPpIUREcIlKGvk5mIG_ Qk

I'd suggest to all interested parties to get hold of these files while they are still available.
That's great thanks, they really should stick all of the firmware links in that pdf though for the other devices too.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #748
Maginus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Have you cleared the cache of the launcher app, as well as rebooted since the launcher update?
I realise it's been almost a month since your reply but I forgot I had been asking about that in this forum. Ooops! I tried what you suggested. Didn't work. It's got the the WiFi transfer and Bluetooth folders but none of the book folders. Any other ideas for what might fix it? Could it have something to do with them being sub-folders? (Eg. Books--> University books-->[course name]) That didn't use to be an issue. It would just show the innermost folder [course name]
Old 07-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #749
Maginus

Quote:
I realise it's been almost a month since your reply but I forgot I had been asking about that in this forum. Ooops! I tried what you suggested. Didn't work. It's got the the WiFi transfer and Bluetooth folders but none of the book folders. Any other ideas for what might fix it? Could it have something to do with them being sub-folders? (Eg. Books--> University books-->[course name]) That didn't use to be an issue. It would just show the innermost folder [course name]
Update on this: (Is there no edit function on this forum?)
I tried a number of things to test. The problem is not what I said above. Nor is it because my folders use special characters such as "Ø". I tried copying my main folder of books out of the device, changed one character and put it into the book folder again and it immediately recognised it with sub-folders and everything. It seems like it simply just can't read folders that were there before. I don't want to migrate because then I'll lose all progress, underlines, notes etc. Really annoying. Any ideas on how to force it to recognise the folders?
Old 07-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #750
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Update on this: (Is there no edit function on this forum?)
I tried a number of things to test. The problem is not what I said above. Nor is it because my folders use special characters such as "Ø". I tried copying my main folder of books out of the device, changed one character and put it into the book folder again and it immediately recognised it with sub-folders and everything. It seems like it simply just can't read folders that were there before. I don't want to migrate because then I'll lose all progress, underlines, notes etc. Really annoying. Any ideas on how to force it to recognise the folders?
That's odd if you use a file manger app that is not stock like say solid explorer or root explorer (the free non root version even) what permissions does it say on the two folders it can and cant see? If you clear the data of the launcher app vs the cache it will prob work but might wipe the history it has that you're trying to keep.