Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
roninmedia
Enthusiast
roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2
(USA) When Does Kobo Typically Have Sales On E-Readers??

I live in the U.S., so there aren't really an options except through Kobo online. Does anyone have guidance on often sales pop up and how much of a discount it is?
roninmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quite a few of us in the US have ordered from Chapters in Canada, and you up with an initial saving due to the exchange rate (Glo HD $129 + $15 shipping CAD = $120 total USD charge to my bank). Plus they recently had a 20% discount if you ordered through VISA Checkout (but that offer has ended now).

I'm not sure I ever remember Kobo directly giving a discount on any reader, possibly if they're closing out one particular model.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 06-26-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The promo code PERKOPOLIS takes 10% off Kobo ereaders. However, Kobo charges shipping in the US.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:12 AM   #4
roninmedia
Enthusiast
roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roninmedia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Quite a few of us in the US have ordered from Chapters in Canada, and you up with an initial saving due to the exchange rate (Glo HD $129 + $15 shipping CAD = $120 total USD charge to my bank). Plus they recently had a 20% discount if you ordered through VISA Checkout (but that offer has ended now).

I'm not sure I ever remember Kobo directly giving a discount on any reader, possibly if they're closing out one particular model.
I don't see an option to ship to the USA. Are you getting someone to buy it and then ship it to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The promo code PERKOPOLIS takes 10% off Kobo ereaders. However, Kobo charges shipping in the US.
$18 off and $8 shipping still gives a $10 discount.

Any idea when that promo code expires?

Last edited by roninmedia; 06-27-2015 at 12:16 AM.
roninmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:51 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninmedia View Post
I don't see an option to ship to the USA. Are you getting someone to buy it and then ship it to you?
It will ship to whatever address you enter at checkout, I don't think there's anything where you select "Ship to US" vs to Canada. Before I ordered I called the store in Canada to make sure shipping to the US wasn't any problem, they do it quite often.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert