Notices

Old 12-02-2015, 08:41 AM   #31
uncletoma
Connoisseur
uncletoma doesn't litteruncletoma doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You need to look and see what your Mobi output options are.
When i'll come back home
uncletoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #32
uncletoma
Connoisseur

I've installed Calibre at work, and uninstalled it.
On mobi output options the only one that can create two kind of files should be the "what kind of mobi" one: old, both and new.
It's right? And it's right to put it on "both"?
Another one question (there's a Q&A thread?): when i convert an epub to azw3, Calibre create a second file (opt or otp, i don't remember).
It's very important? It's possible to set Calibre to not create it or merge it on azw3 file?
Old 12-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
I've installed Calibre at work, and uninstalled it.
On mobi output options the only one that can create two kind of files should be the "what kind of mobi" one: old, both and new.
It's right? And it's right to put it on "both"?
Correct, and set it to "both" if you intend to email the file to Amazon.

Quote:
Another one question (there's a Q&A thread?): when i convert an epub to azw3, Calibre create a second file (opt or otp, i don't remember).
It's very important? It's possible to set Calibre to not create it or merge it on azw3 file?
"OPF" probably. It's not part of the book; it's where Calibre stores the metadata for the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #34
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Quote:
Correct, and set it to "both" if you intend to email the file to Amazon.
Done.

Quote:
"OPF" probably. It's not part of the book; it's where Calibre stores the metadata for the book.
Ok, thanks a lot, so i can delete them, great
Old 12-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Done.

Ok, thanks a lot, so i can delete them, great
Don't delete it from your Calibre library . If you've exported the book from Calibre and ended up with an OPF you can delete that one, yes. You can set what gets exported in the preferences.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #36
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, you can delete it (from the library itself) but calibre will just create a new one.

The OPFs are a backup of the database, hopefully you won't need them but calibre will always re/create them just in case.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #37
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Deleted from folder, i need Calibre just for convertion
Maybe later (PW3 is arrived now, but this late evening i've a civil and political matter, so no time to open, configure, and turn on it... and read) i'll learn other Calibre tools such as library, and so on.
What's the best input device option for ePub?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:35 AM   #38
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Deleted from folder, i need Calibre just for convertion
Maybe later (PW3 is arrived now, but this late evening i've a civil and political matter, so no time to open, configure, and turn on it... and read) i'll learn other Calibre tools such as library, and so on.
What's the best input device option for ePub?
Generic?
I think you are looking at it backwards
You MATCH the Input mode to what was used to MAKE an EPUB for a specific (quirky?) model. Basically that undoes the quirks or device unique modifications. Preferences: Common Options: Page Setup (on sidebar)

So, if you don't know what that was. Choose Generic
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #39
uncletoma
Connoisseur

I've not Generic, only "default input profile" on page setup

Last edited by uncletoma; 12-03-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I've not Generic, only "default input profile" on page setup
I was reading the upper ( output) when I wrote it.

You found the correct setting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #41
uncletoma
Connoisseur

As output i have PW3, after all i've just bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2015