Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Can't Update Nook HD

Hi, My Words with Friends game insists on updating, but Google Store says the new version is not compatible with my Nook HD. I love my little HD, but use it for only two things, reading and Words with Friends.. What is the easiest way to upgrade/root etc to fix this ... I need clear instructions and think I can follow. I have bought most every nook since, the Classic, but won't buy another if they drop support after a year..Thankyou all..
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
I think your problem and potential solutions are the same ones as discussed in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253325.

BTW, if you have a Nook Touch 1st Ed, Nook Color, or Nook Tablet that is no longer in use, BN currently has an offer (till 01/17/15) of $30 credit toward a Tab4 Nook for trade-in -- see http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/trad...ook/379004337/. The Tab 4 Nooks are a co-branded Samsung Galaxy Tab4 running full-fledged Android (with very minimal Nook-flavored GUI) which is maintained/supported by Samsung hence likely will have longer life than BN Nook OSs.

Last edited by livramax; 12-26-2014 at 12:00 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Thank you very much for the info... I do have the Nook Color still barely used and would really consider trading it in.. My daughter recently took her 8 year old's son's Ipad Mini away from him for good and misses reading with him on it. If there is away I could delete most everything on the HD so it would be a reader only, no internet or Mimecraft, etc, I would give it to them. Thank you again.
ps the instructions on the rom and CM11, etc etc are way above my abilities, so a trade in will be the way to go..

Last edited by dixieknits; 12-26-2014 at 08:45 PM.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook hd, update error