Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
joedoe
joedoe began at the beginning.

Device: sony dpt-s1
I got a very strange battery problem, sometimes one full charge can go for weeks, but now and then battery may drain itself and shut down overnight, any one having battery issue?
joedoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
lovewisdom
Enthusiast
lovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheeselovewisdom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Touch, Sony DPTS1
Unbelievable. For such expensive reader, the battery drains so fast. If the battery died, that huge investment would be gone.
lovewisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #18
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
And since iPhones (and other iProducts) are made in China, how come the amis still got them?
Actually, you can ship electronics with LI batteries installed as long as they meet the requirements.

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc1_014.htm
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #19
mokeiko
Enthusiast
mokeiko has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle DX | PRS-900 | PRS-950 | DPT-S1 | Kindle Oasis
Does anybody know the maximum memory allowed for the micro SD card. I tried a 64gb one and I get errors. I don't have any other sizes to test

Thanks in advance
mokeiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #20
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
Does anybody know the maximum memory allowed for the micro SD card. I tried a 64gb one and I get errors. I don't have any other sizes to test

Thanks in advance
I'll have to double check but I believe the maximum is 32gb.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
md02439
Enthusiast
md02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheesemd02439 can extract oil from cheese

Device: M92 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I've read gone through a short textbook. I'm noticing a bit of slow down when I highlight a passage with the pen if it is a couple of lines. It takes like a second or two for the full highlight to take effect. Also the search feature is a bit slow. It can take a few seconds while it searches for the next occurrence of a word you are looking for.
Could you upload a video showing the slow-down when highlighting?

Dimi
md02439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
mokeiko
Enthusiast

Hi Avenger,

Yes, please verify this. Much appreciated.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #23
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
Hi Avenger,

Yes, please verify this. Much appreciated.
From the manual:

The device supports the following card types.
microSD and microSDHC cards
- Up to 32 GB
microSD cards of up to 32 GB has been tested to work
with the device; however, not all microSD cards are
guaranteed to work.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #24
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony DPT-S1
I use a 32 GB micro sdhc card and it works perfectly. My most recent issue with this device is that it crashes when loading some documents that used to load with ease. It just gets stuck on "please wait." It's really annoying. I read mostly medical textbooks that could present more of a challenge to the device. Otherwise I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

I've had the device since the first week of June and reading on this is really a great experience (except for the issue above). There are a few things I wish I was told when I first bought the device. Sharing these with you so you can care for your device better than I have:
  • Consider finding an alternative to the carrying case/cover that comes with the box. The black coating on the sides can easily erode when bumped by blunt objects or scratched with sharp ones. This would reveal a white layer underneath. Mine already has a few small white spots on the sides. Unfortunately I still haven't found an alternative case/cover as of now.
  • Be aware of what other things are in your suitcase/bag when carrying the device with the pen-clip attached. My clip got permanently dislodged after a day of carrying it inside a laptop bag with my laptop and a book inside. Some anchor attached to the clip got broken so it would not re-attach to the device anymore despite following the instructions in the manual.
  • Dust easily accumulates on the thin opening that lines the edges of the device. Since it takes away from the aesthetic appeal of the device, I sometimes use a keyboard vacuum to clean them out.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll continue to add to this as I continue to use the device.
kaiser s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #25
mokeiko
Enthusiast

Thanks Guys,

I purchased a 32gb and everything works.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #26
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Has anyone successfully been able to set-up their network drive on a Mac? I understand Box.com can be used for this. I just don't know what to fill in on the server settings specifically port, sync folder, destination folder. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #27
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Many new routers have USB port for a network drive.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #28
Avenger
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser s View Post
Has anyone successfully been able to set-up their network drive on a Mac? I understand Box.com can be used for this. I just don't know what to fill in on the server settings specifically port, sync folder, destination folder. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Are you looking for the settings for Box.com or for a network drive for your Mac? They are 2 different things. I set up Box.com.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
smileman
smileman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Are you looking for the settings for Box.com or for a network drive for your Mac? They are 2 different things. I set up Box.com.
I have a Mac. Can you walk us through how you succesfully setup sync between your Box.com account and the DPT-S1? In an earlier post it sounded like you were having trouble getting files to sync between your Box.com account and the the DPT-S1.

I've tried to sync both with Box and a Mac app called WebDavNavServer and neither worked. Also contacted Box and they had no idea how to do it. Spent a lot of time on the phone with Sony tech support and they also couldn't help.

I have VMWare and Winows 8 installed on my Mac, wondering if I should try something there instead of my Mac?

Thanks.
smileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #30
kaiser s

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know they were two separate methods. I think I'll go for Box.com. I'm looking for a way to sync documents between my mac and the Digital Paper via wi-fi.

Tags
crop, croppdf