Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 07:13 AM   #2911
Ufw
Ufw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
@Ufw: Did you really start with step 5? I suppose you must start with step 4, i.e. apply the large downgrade fw file of the initial factory build first. Step 5 only works with this special firmware...

Gesendet von meinem Google Pixel mit Yabba-Dabba-Talk.
I'm confused. Where can I get the file required for step 4? The links in the first post are not available publicly.

Also, the "Update your kindle" menu item is not active in my case.

Last edited by Ufw; 12-05-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Ufw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #2912
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Ask Google for your respective filename. The UYK entry becomes active only when an update file is present and not corrupted.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:46 AM   #2913
neonmoe
neonmoe began at the beginning.

Device: PW3GB
On step 3, neither of the links for the PW3 seem to work. Is the file hosted anywhere else?

EDIT: Found the file from Google, but the the Update Your Kindle-button is grayed out. Is 5.9.2 supported?

Last edited by neonmoe; 12-05-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Found the file by Googling
neonmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #2914
Ufw
Ufw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Ask Google for your respective filename. The UYK entry becomes active only when an update file is present and not corrupted.
As it turns out I've mixed up steps 4 and 5 and indeed needed to start with step 4. And knc1 had sent me the link to the required file.
I've managed to perform steps 4 to 6. Once again, thank you all for help.

Am I correct in the understanding, that steps 7 and 8 are optional and can be performed at any point later? For example, I don't need to update my kindle and perfectly happy with the current firmware version.

Can I do something to make sure that it never updates?
Ufw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #2915
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufw View Post
As it turns out I've mixed up steps 4 and 5 and indeed needed to start with step 4. And knc1 had sent me the link to the required file.
I've managed to perform steps 4 to 6. Once again, thank you all for help.

Am I correct in the understanding, that steps 7 and 8 are optional and can be performed at any point later? For example, I don't need to update my kindle and perfectly happy with the current firmware version.

Can I do something to make sure that it never updates?
Do them now.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #2916
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonmoe View Post
On step 3, neither of the links for the PW3 seem to work. Is the file hosted anywhere else?

EDIT: Found the file from Google, but the the Update Your Kindle-button is grayed out. Is 5.9.2 supported?
No.
----
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #2917
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

@Ufw: I agree with Cinisajoy - do all steps right now, but update to 5.8.11 only, avoid 5.9.2. Then add the OTA bocker directory.

The initial factory fw is in no ways intended to be used productively. 5.8.11 gives you e.g. the really cool new boldness and font size fine adjustment feature for all internal fonts with AZW3 and KF8/KFX books. Then use the forum search for "FONT_RAMP" file that lets you finetune the new 14 instead of only 8 font size steps much better than with their weird standard values...
Old 12-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #2918
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
@Ufw: I agree with Cinisajoy - do all steps right now, but update to 5.8.11 only, avoid 5.9.2. Then add the OTA bocker directory.

The initial factory fw is in no ways intended to be used productively. 5.8.11 gives you e.g. the really cool new boldness and font size fine adjustment feature for all internal fonts with AZW3 and KF8/KFX books. Then use the forum search for "FONT_RAMP" file that lets you finetune the new 14 instead of only 8 font size steps much better than with their weird standard values...
If we are speaking of a PW3 -
I will have to agree with that, stay with 5.8.11

I updated one of mine to 5.9.2 (for testing things) and regret it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #2919
Antinoos
Groupie

I was not only referring to PW3, but KT3 too.

As opposed to posting #1, and beginning with fw >5.8.5 or so, you may also use the Kindlet (active documents, AZW2 files) variant alternatively with the booklets to launch KUAL and other tools (e.g. KindCalc), even with 8th gen KT3. With fw 5.9.2, this alternative will finally be gone, and only the booklet will work. And remember the hazzle to get the old links for the now senseless Kindlets in the library removed... Fw 5.9.2 is just annoying, okay, except for KOA2, maybe - this is the device this fw is originally intended for.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #2920
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Got a report: newly bought PW3 G090 G105 from Amazon USA, not refurbished, came with 5.8.10, not registered, always in Airplane mode, successfully downgraded to the factory 5.7.4.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:55 AM   #2921
Antinoos
Groupie

Any other details, especially the build number known?! Possibly, also this v5.8.10 is a special build to allow installing VoiceView files once-only, and thus the FB02 downgrade file too, before the first update to a user fw.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #2922
neverthesane
neverthesane began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
UPDATE: SOLVED
i succesfully recharged the device to 100%
by doing a Recharger Test and not exiting it,
and then disabled Diags, then rebooted.
huh, happiness!

((dear Forum Masters!

i have a Kindle PW3 (G090G1) that was jailbroken for over a year now,
working everything OK.
i had no time to use it nowadays, and battery went out of power.
after recharging it, it is stuck at MUSCAT_WFO System Diags,
and i can't get anywhere, the touchpad is working, but i cannot exit.
i have all the pre-jailbreak files archived, and the rescue packs, if that counts,
and the USB mode is working.

it seems [pghaworth] had a similar issue here, but the suggested steps doesn't work for me. (i have a NEW_BATTERY_FLAG file as well, what is that exactly?)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...86645&page=142

could anyone please help me?))

Last edited by neverthesane; 12-10-2017 at 10:28 AM.
neverthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:02 PM   #2923
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Try these steps:
1. Tap on "S) Device settings"
2. Tap on "X) Exit"
3. Tap on "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable diags"
4. Tap on "D) Disable diagnostics"
5. Tap on "Q) To continue"
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #2924
slaviksd2
slaviksd2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, sage
hi,
is the any chance to make jail break for KOA 2 ?
now or in the future ?
maybe some work is done ?

thank you

Last edited by slaviksd2; 12-17-2017 at 10:37 AM.
slaviksd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #2925
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaviksd2 View Post
hi,
is the any chance to make jail break for KOA 2 ?
now or in the future ?
maybe some work is done ?

thank you
Yes. Look for the KOA2 thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote