Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 08:09 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo Comparison Tool

Just came across this on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...le_to_compare/

Quote:
I made a Kobo e-reader comparison table to compare every Kobo e-reader ever released, on all of their specs & features!

You can check out the full comparison table here:

https://comparisontabl.es/kobo-e-readers/

It contains all 22 e-reader models Kobo has released so far. I will also add the upcoming Kobo Libra Colour and Clara Colour as soon as the full specifications are available.

The table allows you to compare all Kobo e-readers on all of their specifications and features, like display size, resolution, pixel density, whether it has ComfortLight, has buttons to flip through pages, allows stylus input, has dark mode, Dropbox support, bluetooth/audiobooks, Wi-Fi version, internal storage size, RAM, CPU clock speed, whether it has a MicroSD card reader, battery mAh, USB-port type, whether it's waterproof, size & weight, and more.

You can check the checkbox in the table header to filter on features. For instance, if you check 'Stylus input', it'll only show models that are compatible with a stylus.

You can also sort columns by clicking on the table header. So for instance, you can sort on display size, to sort from largest to smallest screen, or click again to sort from largest to smallest.

If you want to compare two models side-by-side instead of viewing the larger table, click 'Show side-by-side comparison tool', select any two models to compare side by side, and click on 'Compare!'.

I've applied conditional formatting to the table to color the table cells, so you can more easily distinguish between them, but if you prefer, you can also switch it off by clicking the switch.

It took a ton of time to research and put this together. Especially when it came to the older, long discontinued models. I'm still missing a few data points, like RAM and CPU specs on some of the older models, so if you if you have info on that, let me know.

Also, if you have any other feedback, let me know! It's possible I got something wrong somewhere, or maybe there's a feature or filter option you'd like to see added, or anything else. Let me know, and I'll see what I can do!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 03:07 AM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
So kind of the same as the Wikipedia article then?
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2024, 06:27 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's inaccurate as:
The Libra 2 has stylus support, but only in Sketch pad.
The Aura H2O is a really sealed unit but the current "waterproof" models are not sealed at all, simply having a coating on the electronics, so the original H2O can withstand dust or liquids that would damage a Libra 2.

The extreme width makes it hard to use. Also column sort doesn't exist on my browser.

However the Wikipedia article is similar.

On the plus, the side by side tool works well.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-09-2024 at 06:30 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:21 PM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Looks great. Works in a mobile browser, too.

I saw something on the Clara 2E I’d have to check on when I get home. I am certain that the Clara 2E has Dropbox support, but maybe I modded it in. Can’t recall.

It seems the Libra2 stylus error has been corrected, BTW.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote