Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
PhaniKakarla
PhaniKakarla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Paperwhite Tools

I downloaded some books off the net. I uploaded them into my kindlewhite using calibre.
I am not able to open them on Kindle.

I also try to send them to kindle using email. They were rejected.

I can open the books on Calibre so assuming there is no DRM.

Any ideas on why this is not working.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What format are the books?
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where did you get the books from?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
TheWitchDoctor
TheWitchDoctor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaniKakarla View Post
Any ideas on why this is not working.
Kindle only accepts mobi and azw3 formats. Have you tried converting your books into one of these formats in your Calibre? If not, this is what you should be doing now.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
PhaniKakarla
PhaniKakarla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i got the books from piratebay.

I converted them using calibre. I can open them in calibre but not on kindle.
Advert
Old 09-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaniKakarla View Post
i got the books from piratebay.

I converted them using calibre. I can open them in calibre but not on kindle.
Converted them to what format?
That is the key to answering your question.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
No help will be given on Mobileread with regard to pirated books. Do not ask for help with illicit copies of books again. This is your one and only warning.

Thread closed.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-19-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Closed Thread