Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #1
bobnbuild
bobnbuild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc & Touch
KOBO PROBLEM

KOBO PROBLEM
HI

I'm trying to view some books on my KOBO ARC e-reader, I have been using Calibre for the purpose. I'ts my belief that I should according to my interpretation of the Calibre screen views of my library & device, be able to read all the books that are in my library, on my KOBO also, as when i open : calibre >on device> see arrow checks left column under On Device, it states that : in particular Sycamore row ! is On Device, when i go to the KOBO it shows that after inputting Sycamore Row into the search box, its not there and that i can search the kobo store to purchase it.
could you please explain where i'm obviously going wrong & what i'm obviously not seeing.

for your perusal, here is a URL of screen shots of the 3 relevant views:
http://imgur.com/a/Q8Q0p

Regards Bob pomfret

bobnbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
All of the books in your on device screenshot of Calibre show as 0kb for file size which makes me think something is up.

What format are the books you're trying to transfer & read? Do they have DRM? Can they be opened & read, from Calibre, on the computer?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
bobnbuild
bobnbuild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc & Touch
HI BRIAN
Many thanks for taking the time to answer my query.
the file format of the books within my library are all epub, I am able on my PC to open and view/read any of the books that are in my library and are "supposedly" on my KOBO MAIN MEMORY. I as shown in the pictures assumed that the books were on my KOBO MAIN MEMORY, but as can be seen from the one book that I have highlighted i,e. "Sycamore Row" it is in fact not on the KOBO. the books aren't DRM protected as far as i'm aware.
with regards to the file size reading 0 kb whilst viewing the "library" and showing content in the "on Device" im not sure as if i view the book for instance : Birthdays for the Dead which is showing as being "on device" & having a file size of 0.5 (MB) im able to see that the book is on the device.

Best Regareds Bob

Last edited by bobnbuild; 08-04-2017 at 12:28 PM.
bobnbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnbuild View Post
HI BRIAN
Many thanks for taking the time to answer my query.
the file format of the books within my library are all epub, I am able on my PC to open and view/read any of the books that are in my library and are "supposedly" on my KOBO MAIN MEMORY. I as shown in the pictures assumed that the books were on my KOBO MAIN MEMORY, but as can be seen from the one book that I have highlighted i,e. "Sycamore Row" it is in fact not on the KOBO. the books aren't DRM protected as far as i'm aware. I'm not familiar with okb ? so i'm unable to give you any info regards this !
If Kobo says the book is on the device, it probably is. The problem is more likely that it is not in the correct place. Or, the reading app you are using does not support the format of books you are sideloading. I don't know if the Kobo app supports sideloaded books.

But, have you read the manual? A quick look at http://download.kobobooks.com/magent...erguide_en.pdf, gives some instructions including doing an "import" for sideloaded books. Are you doing that?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I just came across a similar problem on a friend's Kobo Vox. I had copied half a dozen books on to her micro SD card, but they would not come up in her Library, although other books already on the card were there. What I had to do was go to the library, then press the menu button and then select Import Content. I was then prompted to search the memory card and pressed Start. It found and selected all the new books on the memory card and I pressed Import Selected. That's the Vox (I have one). She claims she never had to do that before and it's been so long since I used the native Kobo reading app I can't remember either. (I use Aldiko v.1.x because the new version needs too many resources and crashes the poor Vox. I also like AlReader, which can scan your device for new books and requires very little horsepower,)
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert