Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #211
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I had been glancing out my window every once in a while looking for the post office truck, and I saw what looked like a rather elderly, stooped man pushing the mail cart up my street, back toward the post office. It was not long after that when I got the alert about a delay. I bet he was the sub and got overwhelmed.

P.S. Now the post office has bogusly claimed they attempted delivery--some two hours after they said delivery would be scheduled tomorrow. It makes me furious when they blatantly lie like this.

P.P.S. No phone yet; happened to see regular mail carrier and she didn't have it and knows nothing about it. No further tracking info, and I'll be damned if I call the local post office again to listen to the supervisor there lie to me about a delivery attempt.

Last edited by Catlady; 08-15-2017 at 01:39 PM. Reason: P.P.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #212
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I took my prepaid phone to the ATT store today to move the sim card to another device, and he charged me $5. He said the fee was implemented a month or so ago. I thought it was reasonable, as I needed a new card, but the same number.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #213
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New phone arrived. Yay!

Post office left it outside my door--couldn't even be bothered to tap on the door or hit the doorbell, just dumped it; I only knew it was there because I got a text alert from Amazon.

Called AT&T to get the nano SIM card. Other than going around in circles being transferred three times, then told to call a completely different 800 number, there were no problems--no one telling me the phone wouldn't work when I gave the IMEI. Also, there was no charge for the new SIM card, which was unexpected.

The icing on the cake was that when the rep accessed my account, she noted that I was due to refill my account balance on September 1--I thought she was going to ask me if I wanted to do the refill with her on the phone, but instead, she said since I don't use the phone much, did I want her to extend the refill date for a year from today. Of course, I said that would be wonderful. So that saves me $100 plus tax.

So now I'm a happy camper. I do have to wait for the new nano SIM card, but I figure it's safe to start loading up on apps and learning the new phone features. Yay!
Old 08-24-2017, 02:02 AM   #214
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i deal with amazon frequently; phone is fastest, but i've had very good luck by chat. i rarely use email because it takes a lot longer to get things done, but every email i've had from amazon is clear and to the point.

even if you're sick, i'd try calling. then if they don't grasp what you're saying, you can correct as much as needed.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #215
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

I am still having trouble with Amazon CS. I have my new phone, which I'm happy with, but Amazon has yet to issue the refund on the two phones I returned, nor am I able to see the status of that return and refund. UPS indicates Amazon has received the packages, but I've gotten no acknowledgment from Amazon.

When I called yesterday, after almost half an hour on the phone (mostly being put on hold repeatedly), the rep said the refund was being processed and the gift card amount of my refund would show up in a few hours (it hasn't), while the credit card amount would take a few days. When I complained about all the time and effort I'd had to put into this process so far, all because of Amazon's mistakes, she offered me an extra month of Prime for my troubles.

Big whoop-de-doo, something worth a big eight bucks for several hours of hassle--and I still don't have my refund or see any indication of the returns at Amazon.
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #216
GoodLiving
Banned
GoodLiving began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
So far, I didn't have bad experience with Amazon. My orders were in time except TV I ordered during Christmas that was delayed....
GoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote