Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #151
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I forgot about the light indicator. A good reason, but to be honest the bar has been there for all of the Touch firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #152
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I don't care for either of these rationalizations.

I read 99.5% of the time. I don't do annotations. Tap and hold works fine for dictionary lookup. I don't use the dark bar to work around lighting problems. The main mode should be a reading mode where reading real estate is maximized, or there are user selectable options.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #153
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2720 View Post
I ordered both a cover and e-reader on the 16th and got confirmations/card charged....no shipping notice as of today(
Drew, have you received a confirmation yet?

Finally got an email with shipping info this morning. It may or may not be a coincidence that I threatened CS with order cancelation if I didn't hear anything by Tuesday. Shipping from Hong Kong as I ordered the sleep cover and both items should arrive on Wednesday.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #154
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
My kobo aura and sleepcover have shipped by Fedex out of Hong Kong with Wednesday delivery.

I don't know if this means that I got their attention by asking for a refund or if I finally finished being on the queue, but others might want to follow my example.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #155
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I received the same shipping confirmation (out of HK - delivered on Wednesday) - without contacting Kobo. Methinks the Canada facility sold out, and the remaining orders are being shipped direct from HK, not the Canadian site.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #156
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Same here. Finally received shipping notice. Out of HK, hopefully due Wednesday.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #157
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

It definitely sounds like some of the pre-orders that were overlooked are finally being shipped this week. Still bad form that Kobo didn't ship items on a first ordered basis and charged everyone's credit cards at the same time regardless of whether it shipped.

There are still people who were having problems with Kobo losing order numbers and lack of follow up unless the person wanted to cancel. Kobo CS could have done a better job with those who had legitimate order complaints.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #158
grooks
Wizard

For those still waiting for a shipping notification email, try to lookup tracking info on Fedex website using your Kobo order number.

Go to Fedex Track by Reference and in the Enter reference field put in your Kobo order number then fill in the Destination country and Destination postal code. Hopefully someone who has not received their email yet can get lucky finding a tracking number this way.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #159
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't care for either of these rationalizations.

I read 99.5% of the time. I don't do annotations. Tap and hold works fine for dictionary lookup. I don't use the dark bar to work around lighting problems. The main mode should be a reading mode where reading real estate is maximized, or there are user selectable options.
I agree 100%. Reading mode should be the main mode and should maximize the real estate of the larger screen. I don't mind the page number using one line at the bottom, but that big gap at the bottom is there all the time, and I hate it. User-selectable options would take care of this.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #160
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
It arrived

Well, after shipping out late Thursday night, my Aura arrived early this afternoon. It made fast progress over the weekend.

Interestingly enough, I was browsing Best buy Friday night and found a Nook ST Glowlight for $80. I decided to buy it and see if the Aura is worth the price, since the Nook was basically half price.

It'll be a fun week playing with two readers to see which one I like better.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #161
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Yes, grooks...got a shipping notice/tracking number too. Coming out of HK...both cover and e-reader in this shipment due Wednesday. Oddly enough, got the shipping notice at 7ish this morning and at 11:30 got an email from CS wanting to know my order number so they could see if they could try to trace it...got to love it...geez! Of course, the order number and all my invoice information was in the original email I sent them three, now four days ago..... ) I'm just glad it's on it's way...
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #162
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Mine arrived this morning. Left Canada on the 25th and was here in 4 days. Great Service!!
Very pleased, this is my first Kobo and it set up quickly. Now to figure out the bells and whistles. So Far I can't get my apps to sync between, my ipad, android phone. They were side loaded so not sure if it has to be a KOBO book to get that to work.

Over all I am very pleased with my experience so far with them.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #163
grooks
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
So Far I can't get my apps to sync between, my ipad, android phone. They were side loaded so not sure if it has to be a KOBO book to get that to work.
My understanding is in order to sync between devices it must be a kobo book.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #164
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
My understanding is in order to sync between devices it must be a kobo book.
Thanks, I had just went and googled it and it sent me back to a mobileread thread that said they side loads don't sync.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #165
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Good evening all. Received my Aura this afternoon . To all have received theirs have fun. To the others it will be worth the wait.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote