Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 02:59 PM   #16
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I just received the Kindle Touch (the original, with the Home button) which I had given to my mother, but she hasn't used it in over a year. It had the low battery picture on the screen. I was able to view the contents of the device on my computer. Have it plugged into the wall, now, the low battery icon is very faint. The charging light is on. I guess I have to wait 24 hours....but it should be recoverable, since I could see the contents, yes?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I just received the Kindle Touch (the original, with the Home button) which I had given to my mother, but she hasn't used it in over a year. It had the low battery picture on the screen. I was able to view the contents of the device on my computer. Have it plugged into the wall, now, the low battery icon is very faint. The charging light is on. I guess I have to wait 24 hours....but it should be recoverable, since I could see the contents, yes?
I have gotten more than one with the low battery screen. All have come back to life. Give it at least 24.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:32 PM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It powered up! Yay! I'm going to see if my Mother In Law wants to use it, if not, I'll keep it. They don't make them like this one any more. Plus it has a cover with a light built in.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:54 AM   #19
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteglint143 View Post
I have a Kindle DX that hasn't been used in a few years. I decided to try to get some use out of it but it seems to be stuck on the critical battery screen and will not turn on. The little yellow charge light does turn on and turns off after a few hours.

First, I tried a few different USB cables and chargers including wall and my computer. The DX does not mount when connected to a computer.

Next, I tried contacting Amazon and they offered to give me a partial refund of $0.00 if I send it back to them. We tried every combination of holding the Power and Home buttons down for 10s, 15s, 30s and up to a minute.

Then I started checking out forum post which suggested to press the manual reset button on the top inside of the tablet. That did not work either (tried holding it down for various times including combinations with the Power and Home button).

I figured the battery is shot from sitting too long. I decided to buy a new one off ebay that was labeled OEM and that didn't work either.

I am out of ideas unless if there is a way I can connect to the serial port inside and reset it that way. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I want to use this mainly for the display in some electronic projects. I am pretty comfortable with software and circuits.
Have a look at this site, they appear to sell Kindle DX batteries.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #20
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteglint143 View Post
Yes, I have left it on wall charge for about 3 days with both batteries but the yellow light goes off after a few hours. I noticed the yellow light is very fickle about which charger I use.
I've had a similar problem for more than once with the Kindle DX, in case the following could be helpful:

The "solution" for me was: after each time the yellow light went off (mine would go off after about only 2 to 5 minutes actually), I "dutifully" unplugged and replugged the usb cable... Repeated that for about 5 to 10 times. Then the Kindle would power on and charge normally.

caution though: I have no idea how safe this is; this may force the battery too much and can be dangerous.

Last edited by mrevent; 09-10-2017 at 04:53 PM.
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #21
wju
wju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with otherswju plays well with others

Device: kindle dx graphite
i can confirm for my Kindle DX - when charging light went off, unplugg & replugg until Kindle boots
wju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #22
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Be Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
I've had a similar problem for more than once with the Kindle DX, in case the following could be helpful:

The "solution" for me was: after each time the yellow light went off (mine would go off after about only 2 to 5 minutes actually), I "dutifully" unplugged and replugged the usb cable... Repeated that for about 5 to 10 times. Then the Kindle would power on and charge normally.

caution though: I have no idea how safe this is; this may force the battery too much and can be dangerous.

BE PATIENT- it can take some time for the DX to come back to life.

Recently picked up a second hand DX with the same problem. Spent half a day unplugging and replugging (stopped counting at 20). The DX would turn off after 3 screen changes (light and dark). I unplugged and let the DX sit overnight to rest, then plugged it in the next morning. After a few minutes, the machine rebooted and I was able to charge it to 100%. Next step, updating the software.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote