Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
Eren2012
Eren2012 began at the beginning.

Device: none
A survey: E-reader usage habits and preferences

Hello.

I'm an Industrial Design MSc student from Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. I’m doing a research on e-reader design.

In this context, I am carrying out a survey on people's preferences and experiences about e-readers and also reading habits. I would be grateful if you could take some time to fill out the survey in the link below. No names or personal data is being asked for.

Thank you for your time.

Link to survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/eGweBCPdiZs9IuMB3
Eren2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Is this for a homework assignment?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I looked at the survey. You cannot choose more than one answer, that should be changed, imho. Sometimes several might apply.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I looked at the survey. You cannot choose more than one answer, that should be changed, imho. Sometimes several might apply.
True. But then it might make the survey less clear.

Only being allowed a single answer where multiple might apply really made me consider which was most important.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've filled in the survey. I too thought multiple choice would have been a good idea in some places.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 AM   #6
Eren2012

Thanks for the replies and the contribution.

This is a pilot study, so feedback is important. If you'd like to further discuss, I'd love to hear on which questions you felt like choosing more than one option, or any other feedback.

As ZodWallop has stated, in some questions like "what sort of content do you mostly read" the intent was to narrow it down to a single "genre" for one participant and see if it affects other behaviour/preferences.

However, this is just the initial thought and is open to discussion and change. (Although, the revised version would likely be posted on a different site)
Old 09-06-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Why don't you contribute to our community and post your results?

That would be a courteous and thoughtful consideration on your part.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-06-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:45 AM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I'm not going to do a survey that forces me to log in with my Google account. How is that supposed to be anonymous? I've participated in other surveys that didn't force me to log into anything; you should consider using a different survey service.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:47 AM   #9
Eren2012

I understand.

Not to convince but to explain:

The Google login requirement is unfortunately an embedded function of Google Forms when submission per participant is limited to one. Otherwise, it is possible to fill the form multiple times with completely different answers.

Though, it is not required to log in through the survey link at all, it is possible to log in on any Google service page (be it the search engine main site, Gmail or Youtube) and no additional log in should be necessary afterwards.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:48 AM   #10
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I understand that. Still, it isn't anonymous then. I don't surf the web logged in to my Google account. I only log in when necessary (and immediately out again.)

And why would anybody try to manipulate your survey by doing it several times?

But if Google is the way it works best for you, I don't mind. It's just that I am usually willing to answer surveys like yours. Some that I did used Surveymonkey. That worked fine for me.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eren2012 View Post
Thanks for the replies and the contribution.

This is a pilot study, so feedback is important. If you'd like to further discuss, I'd love to hear on which questions you felt like choosing more than one option, or any other feedback.

As ZodWallop has stated, in some questions like "what sort of content do you mostly read" the intent was to narrow it down to a single "genre" for one participant and see if it affects other behaviour/preferences.

However, this is just the initial thought and is open to discussion and change. (Although, the revised version would likely be posted on a different site)
I replied to the suggestion section.
Zods issue, I would suggest that some questions have a 'weight' choice
1 fiction, 2 non fiction 3 newpapers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote