Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
AlanRoberts
AlanRoberts began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet + FBReader
navbar, test versus book generation

When I use ebook-convert to test my recipe and look at the results in the browser, the navigation bar renders as a line across the page. When I run and create an Epub, download the book to my tablet, and read (with FBreader), the navigation bar is stacked vertically.

Is there anything which can get me back to line-across for the navigation bar?

Thanks,
Alan
AlanRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not sure what you are asking for. calibre cannot control how FBreader chooses to render HTML. There is no difference in the navbars created by calibre between test and normal runs, as long as you use the same output profile in both.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
AlanRoberts
AlanRoberts began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet + FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
... There is no difference in the navbars created by calibre between test and normal runs, as long as you use the same output profile in both.
Useful clue, I hadn't been specifying a profile when running a test convert. I extracted all the files from an actual epub (output profile is "Tablet"), and instead of the div styled with calibre_navbar, I see a table styled with touchscreen_navbar along with table elements styled with pcalibre and article[s]_link styles.

This also renders in a desirable fashion (single row, across most of the page width) when I view with a browser, but still stacks vertically in the center of the page width when viewed with FBreader. I'll see if I can figure out what part of the CSS the app isn't rendering correctly.

Can I override these styles via extra_css?

Thanks,
Alan
AlanRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No they cannot be controlled, they are hardcoded in the output profile.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote