Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Sony PRS505 for potentially $140 [Correction: Auction is for PRS-500U]

I looked and didn't see this posted yet, so hopefully I'm not being redundant yet again.

Sony Rewards is having a reverse auction on the 15th, from 12 noon ET to 10 PM ET, and included this month is the 505. The price starts at $300, and the price drops every hour until the quantity they set aside is all bought up, with the potential for the price to be as low as $140.

I've never participated, as everytime I've seen it it's been the 500, so it seems the release of the 700 has some nice trickle down effect.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
that would be a great price
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
That is a great price. I got my 505 at 40% off as it was a window display at the Sony Store last Christmas. Dumb luck on my part. I'd decided I couldn't live without an eBook reader and settled on the 505 just after Christmas. And got it for $170
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Would they have a meter of how many are left?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

I've looked when they've had it in the past for the 500 and I'm pretty sure it told you how many there were left at the time. I also think they only had 100 of them to begin with, so not too many.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut so I had a better chance for my Mom's Christmas gift.
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
MidknytOwl
Zealot

Not anymore!

So now that they have the auction items up, I looked and it is the 500 and not the 505. (And they only have 15 available, so a pitiful auction at that).

I double checked my email and it does say and link to the 505. I called and asked, since I have nothing better to do right now, and she said they didn't have enough stock for the 505 in auction and so they changed it. If you look the 505 is out of stock on the rewards site, so that does seem to be the case.

So don't bother. Sorry.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
What is the link to the auction?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
What is the link to the auction?
In the first message on this thread. You will see "reverse auction" on the site in the second line menu bar near the top.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Money is potentially changing hands, so I changed auction title to reflect the PRS-500U, and NOT the 505.

It is the PRS-500U that Sony is having the reverse auction.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The current price is $181.. still 15 left. The next price drop in an hour will bring it to $158... I think people will start buying at that point. If it gets down to $112 I might even grab one. It would be nice to have a third reader in the family.

BOb
Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
PsyDocJoanne
Loves her 505 and her Z4!
PsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enoughPsyDocJoanne will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Do we know for sure how low it's actually going to go before it bottoms out? The OP said $140, but I didn't see that on the website anywhere...and I have a class to teach at 6pm EST, which means I can only watch it until 5pm EST....
PsyDocJoanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #12
cyan
Connoisseur
cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, kindle, android
The stupid thing is that you can redeem 14,900 sony points for the PRS500. That's roughly $149.00 dollars. If it drops below that, I might pick up another one.
cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Do we know for sure how low it's actually going to go before it bottoms out? The OP said $140, but I didn't see that on the website anywhere...and I have a class to teach at 6pm EST, which means I can only watch it until 5pm EST....
It will keep going down until 10PM or until 15 are gone. At least that's my understanding.

It is currently $135 with 15 left. Next price drop in 30 mins will put it at $112.

BOb
Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan View Post
The stupid thing is that you can redeem 14,900 sony points for the PRS500. That's roughly $149.00 dollars. If it drops below that, I might pick up another one.
It's $135 if you buy it right now.

BOb
Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

It's down to $112. There are only 11 left.

So exciting. I might just buy one... hmmm...

BOb