Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Hyouri
Hyouri began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Reading fullscreen manga - Please help!

Hello, this is my first post on this forum (as you all can see). I bought the Kobo Aura HD a few days ago, and have been spending a lot of time resizing images, converting them to epub, and messing around with the settings in Calibre. I've tried everything, and I still can't get the pages to cover and use the full screen.

I download a free manga from the kobo store, and it has a reversed order, and the images all cover the entire screen.

I'm at the end of my rope here, how can I make my ebook files behave more like the manga files? I don't care so much about the reversed order, I just want to get rid of the margins and all the other nonsense that takes up space.

I can post pictures if someone wants, otherwise please
Hyouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe what you want is to make cbr or cbz files not ePubs?

Those are simply a collection of images in either a RAR or ZIP file that has been renamed to have a CBR or CBZ extension.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
Hyouri
Hyouri began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you so so much for that advice! I guess my mind was stuck on epub!

What I ended up doing is splitting the double page images with paint.net, then using irfanview to convert to grayscale, resize, and add a final centering border using canvas size. Then I used winrar to pack the images, renamed it to .cbr instead of .rar, and then transferred the files to my SD card. The files are 3x as big as before, but it's really negligible.

Thanks so much.
Hyouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
DStyle
Connoisseur
DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.DStyle knows what's going on.

Device: KOBO Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouri View Post
then using irfanview to convert to grayscale, resize, and add a final centering border using canvas size.

Did you resize it the same as Aura HD which is 1440 x 1080 resolution?
DStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You might find our application usefull - see my signature. We officially support only Kindle but KCC can also produce EPUB/CBZ files without any problem.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
aura, fullscreen, kobo, manga, margins