Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #646
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
If you want to have the book on one device but not on the other, you will need to avoid syncing one of them. The idea of syncing is to keep them both "identical".
I'm pretty sure that if you use the archive option, it won't remove it from the other device. In that case, the details of the book are kept on the device, but not the actual file. The book lists have a filter to hide the archived books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #647
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If you want to sort books in library on your Kobo Reader touch above colume of covers "by Title" then pop up list has Recently Read, Title, Author,..... I use Kobo store and desk top app so little don't much about it but author search worked for me.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #648
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
If you want to sort books in library on your Kobo Reader touch above colume of covers "by Title" then pop up list has Recently Read, Title, Author,..... I use Kobo store and desk top app so little don't much about it but author search worked for me.
If that was for me, I know that, but thanks. I want it to default to sorting by author in all of the shelves so I don't have to change it for each shelf. Just like the real ereaders will do

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #649
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've had two Aura HD's (brown) this week, both were returned because of a bright pinprick almost slap bang in the middle of the screen. I should get the second replacement on Monday or Tuesday. I've asked the store if it was possible for them to check it but they're not allowed to break the seal of new product so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If this third unit also has pinpricks I'll see if I can get it exchanged for a black one, I assume the black one sells quicker than the brown one and with the theory that newer units have less defects I might get lucky with a black one.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #650
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
My sync tile went away on its own. Haven't seen it for months. My library tile went and my recommendations tile as well. I didn't dismiss them or use a utility to dismiss them. I was messing around with the config file though to try and make the evil kobo Aura HD sort books by author instead of by title. Now with the exception of my currently read book, the tiles have taken on a life of their own. Mildly amusing when I remember to use my Aura HD and actually look at the home page.

Helen
You have had some truly weird behavior on your AuraHD.

My shelves will stay sorted by author if that is what I choose. For example, if I choose shelf A to be sorted by author, shelf B sorted by recently read, and library sorted by file type, they each remain that way until I choose to change the sort for the individual shelf or for the library. Changing the setting in one does not effect another.

Last edited by llcj; 10-19-2013 at 08:02 AM.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #651
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
You have had some truly weird behavior on your AuraHD.

My shelves will stay sorted by author if that is what I choose. For example, if I choose shelf A to be sorted by author, shelf B sorted by recently read, and library sorted by file type, they each remain that way until I choose to change the sort for the individual shelf or for the library. Changing the setting in one does not effect another.
Yes that is how my shelves work as well. I want all the shelves sorted the same way, which is by author. I don't want to have to change several hundred shelves a shelf at a time. What a wuss eh. That way all of my books would be sorted by series as well. There are other ways to accomplish this, and I will no doubt do it another way one of these days.

The moving and disappearing tile thing happened after I was trying to change the sort order in the config file. I don't think the currently reading shelf has ever moved, but everything else moves around randomly and some are just gone. Obviously I could fix this if I actually cared

Helen
Old 10-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #652
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Ah, gotcha. I can see how you'd be a little frustrated.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #653
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
Ah, gotcha. I can see how you'd be a little frustrated.
More like I just don't care anymore Obviously I still care a little, but not like I used to. Less depressing and I can use the energy I used to spend raging at Kobo far more productively raging at Revenue Canada

Helen
Old 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #654
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you use the archive option, it won't remove it from the other device. In that case, the details of the book are kept on the device, but not the actual file. The book lists have a filter to hide the archived books.
That's right. Most of my ebooks from Kobo are archived when I know I won't read them soon and I don't have the same ebooks on the Aura HD and the Mini (some are archived, some are actually on the ereader).
I'll try soon to delete one and sync afterwards. I'll let you know if the book is deleted automatically from the second ereader, but somehow I doubt it.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #655
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes that is how my shelves work as well. I want all the shelves sorted the same way, which is by author. I don't want to have to change several hundred shelves a shelf at a time. What a wuss eh. That way all of my books would be sorted by series as well. There are other ways to accomplish this, and I will no doubt do it another way one of these days.
What did you do in the file? If you remove all the lines starting with "LastLibrarySorter_shelf_filterByBookshelf", they should all go back to the default sorting. But, I don't remember what that is. Or, putting "sortByTitle()" as the value for all of them, will set them to sort by title. "LastShelfSorter_books_" looks like it should hold the default sort, or the last sort used, but it doesn't seem to.

An alternative is to use the "Order series shelf" option I added to my utilities plugin last week. But, that needs the shelves sorted by date added. Updating the conf file is probably something I should add.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #656
speakingtohe
Wizard

The default is by title. I wanted to sort by author. I remember changing all of the sortByTitle() to sortByAuthor or whatever it had in the config file for the shelves I had changed.

Unfortunately I had a hard drive failure so the files (I saved a copy of each one as I went along) are no longer available. Maybe I will dust of the Aura tomorrow and take a look.

I will probably try the Order series option as well, just haven't really bothered as I rarely use it.

Whatever I did, didn't really seem to hurt anything, just made the main screen slightly more random which amused me for a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #657
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
That's right. Most of my ebooks from Kobo are archived when I know I won't read them soon and I don't have the same ebooks on the Aura HD and the Mini (some are archived, some are actually on the ereader).
I'll try soon to delete one and sync afterwards. I'll let you know if the book is deleted automatically from the second ereader, but somehow I doubt it.
I'd like to know what are differences. I tried archiving option and it seemed to work nicely. I keep all my books on touch and delete only library books so I had no clue what now. If I sideload ADE books (bought at kobo), will they be synced or ignored?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #658
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
If I sideload ADE books (bought at kobo), will they be synced or ignored?
No sideloaded content is synced (be it ADE epubs or calibre created kepubs). Only kepubs direct from Kobo are synced.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #659
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The default is by title. I wanted to sort by author. I remember changing all of the sortByTitle() to sortByAuthor or whatever it had in the config file for the shelves I had changed.
I knew that. But, I lost it while I was testing during the post.
Quote:
Unfortunately I had a hard drive failure so the files (I saved a copy of each one as I went along) are no longer available. Maybe I will dust of the Aura tomorrow and take a look.

I will probably try the Order series option as well, just haven't really bothered as I rarely use it.
I just a had a look at adding the sort to the config file and hot a little problem with how the data is stored. I can't duplicate the encoding used if there are non-ascii characters in the shelf name.
Quote:
Whatever I did, didn't really seem to hurt anything, just made the main screen slightly more random which amused me for a bit.
I'm curious about what you did. From memory, there isn't much in the config file that affects the home screen. The displayed tiles come from the database.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #660
Indigo121
Enthusiast
Indigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook
Kobo threads always make me hungry because everybody keeps talking about kebabs. kepubs. kebabs. Too bad I decided on the PW2 in the end. No kebabs for me.
Indigo121 is offline   Reply With Quote