Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Box.com offers Free 50Gig Online storage for life.

While this claims to be a Dell exclusive, it appears to be open to anyone. And the weird thing is, once you get your account, you get to send an invitation to another party for the same deal. A clever viral marketing ploy, I think. I'm in the USA, I have no info as to how well the offer crosses international boundaries. Below is a direct link to the offer, and below that, is a CNET link where the offer is discussed.

https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33153_7...ount-for-free/

This strikes me as useful for collaborative writers.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
jshoughton
Enthusiast
jshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipsejshoughton can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony Reader Wifi (PRS-T1) & Nook Simple Touch
Worked fine for me in the UK, many thanks for the link!
jshoughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for that. Could always use an extra 50GB.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Works a treat in Hong Kong, thank you
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #5
Deljah
Connoisseur
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Thanks so much for posting this!
Deljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I've been waiting for an offer like this to come along
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I already got 50Gb from them on a previous offer, I suspect I probably can't get another 50Gb from them.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There sync program is the worse I've seen but the site's interface isn't too bad.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Apparently it will not let you do this if you already have an account? I would like to upgrade to the 50gb.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Is syncing free?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Is syncing free?

Don
I believe so. I installed the Windows sync app and wasn't change for it, and have never been charged to sync anything.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Synching appears to be free. . .

The PC syncing software is available for download, as is the equivalent Android app; and they don't have my credit card number. As a test, I created a synch folder and placed one of my photos into the folder and it went up there. (Wherever 'there' is - using "The Cloud" is a lot like religion, you really need to believe there is a higher power who WANTS you to be successful!)

Syncing is a part of Google Drive for Android (all users, I assume), so I would imagine competitive pressure would keep it free. If syncing isn't a part of the deal, the value of 50 gig diminishes greatly. (I'd probably use gDrive with a lower max total.)
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's something from a comparison of dropbox and box:

"That said, Box boasts it has ‘Fast Uploads’ but quite honestly, I found uploading and syncing to Box painfully slow. Just uploading 3 web optimised jpg images to Box took minutes. Dropbox on the other hand uploads and syncs almost instantly."

http://www.onlinedesignuk.co.uk/odbl...-the-winner-is

I have yet to register, but I'm curious if uploading is really that slow.

Anyone, please?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Well, never know when I might need additional cloud storage. Thanks for the link!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have yet to register, but I'm curious if uploading is really that slow.
Yep, it can be quite slow at times.

It is probably the slowest of all the cloud storage systems I use for the initial upload via their app, I've got Box, Dropbox, SugarSync, Google Drive, Skydrive, Asus Webstorage and Mega (although Mega doesn't yet having syncing).

50Gbs though I think is a good idea to get it, you just need to wait for the speed to improve once everyone complains about the speed and they optimise the app.