Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Colored scribbles in LaTeX-generated pdf files with hyperlinks.

This is a curiosity I wanted to share in case it could be of any use.

I commonly scribble on pdf files generated with LaTeX. In doing so, I noticed that the scribbles on a page with a hyperlink happen to be merged into pdf with the color of the hyperlink.

For instance, running pdflatex on the file:

%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\section{Black}

\newpage
\section{Green\protect\cite{Wikipedia}}

\newpage
\section{Red\protect\footnote{Footnote.}}

\newpage
\begin{thebibliography}{0}
\bibitem{Wikipedia}
\href{http://en.wikipedia.org/}{Blue}.
\end{thebibliography}

\end{document}
%%%%%%%%%%

generates four pages, respectively with no hyperlink and a green, red, and light blue hyperlinks. Scribbling on this pdf and merging will result on a pdf with scribbles in black, green, read, and light blue. A pdf file so generated with this effect is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf color_2012-4-29_15-2-18_xournal-printout.pdf (50.0 KB, 313 views)
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP View Post

I commonly scribble on pdf files generated with LaTeX. In doing so, I noticed that the scribbles on a page with a hyperlink happen to be merged into pdf with the color of the hyperlink.

%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\section{Black}

\newpage

\newpage

\newpage
\bibitem{Wikipedia}
\end{thebibliography}

\end{document}
%%%%%%%%%%

generates four pages, respectively with no hyperlink and a green, red, and light blue hyperlinks. Scribbling on this pdf and merging will result on a pdf with scribbles in black, green, read, and light blue. A pdf file so generated with this effect is attached.
I noticed that, too - actually, that's what got me started looking at the topic (see my other post in the devel thread - I'm fiddling with pdf_tools to get multiple colors - I know where to start, but am currently stalled by work :P)...
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMP View Post

%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\section{Black}

\newpage

\newpage

\newpage
\bibitem{Wikipedia}
\end{thebibliography}

\end{document}
%%%%%%%%%%

I didn't bother to find the cause of this erratic behaviour (so it might still be present in the hack), but since you seemed to look out for colors... so you might be interested in the color_pdf_tools hack (check software wiki).

Cheers!
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I didn't bother to find the cause of this erratic behaviour (so it might still be present in the hack), but since you seemed to look out for colors... so you might be interested in the color_pdf_tools hack (check software wiki).
Thanks.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote