Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Pdf to azw, prc or mobi

Hello,
I have a pdf file with some graphics and i wanna use it on kindle 3 but is annoying because i can't change font size so i used Calibre, Mobipochet creator /Reader to transform in prc or mobi format but all the graphics are gone.
There is another tool to tranform a pdf file in mobi, azw or prc ?

I used an pdf file from ibm redbooks ; to see how the graphics look open at page 17.

Thanks.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Windows MobiPocket Reader can import a PDF and produce a MOBI (which will be in its default folder, likely My Documents\My eBooks).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks for quick answer but i used Mobipocket reader and the resulted document have some graphics missing.
I'm asking if are other ways to tranform a pdf file in azw, prc or mobi because these are the file format on which you can change font size on Kindle 3.
I send the pdf to user@free.amazon.com to convert the document but the result is the same.
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Most of the (sometimes) better alternatives are paid apps. One that is currently free is PDF to ePub software wizard – from DNAML, see DNAML releases PDF to ePub.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
screwballl
NewKindler
screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.screwballl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
DNAML program is useless...
Mobipocket needs to remove the images for proper file layout...

I am testing another program to do just that right now and I will report back if it does any good.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is a pdf to epub program some people on the forum are liking. It's free for the first 20,000 downloads, so it may or may not still be available. You can easily convert from epub to mobi with Calibre.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote