Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-14-2016, 02:52 AM   #1
MetDeFiets
MetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Android
Question CC using VPN (via 3G w/o WLAN)

I bought calibre companion (for Android) and I'm quite happy using it. But now I have a small problem:

I want to request books not just from at home, but from a network outside using mobile connection. I opened a VPN in my local network (working, checked) and I get an address from my local network (checked) and the PC with Calibre is connected (checked) with a fixed IP address (checked). Within CC I setup a fixed Address (checked) and get a connection within my local network without a problem. But when I'm connected just via mobile network, not with WLAN, I now get a message, that I have to be connected with WLAN (once I try to connect within CC).

I also have problems connecting, when using a VPN with a WLAN Network - seems as it contacts only the local Network, not via VPN. As VPN I'm using the standard Android VPN or the OpenVPN with same (unsuccessfull) results.

Any Idea/help? Very much appreciated. Thank you very much!
MetDeFiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You don't say what kind of connection you are making, but I suspect it is to the content server. Have you checked the box "Allow connection using 3G" in CC's settings (Connecting to calibre / Content server connection / IP address & port / Allow connection ...)? This should deal with the first problem and may fix the second as well.

FYI: checking that box tells CC to use any network available, including tethered networks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
MetDeFiets
MetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the endMetDeFiets knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Android
Chaley, yes, great. Didn't see that checkbox so far. Thank you. Might be a good idea to give a hint when popping up with that "need wlan" Message....
Will try with another (remote) WLAN soon. Thank you so much!
MetDeFiets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cc calibrecompanion, no connection, vpn, without wlan