Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Drevil123
Drevil123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
More Kindle Leather Cases

I found new leather cases for the Kindle on Amazon when I was searching for another Vizu silicone case.

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Amazo...0400048&sr=8-5

Did anyone tried this yet? I bought the silicone case from Vizu a couple months back but I want to get something more classy for my dad. The case looks great but I don't know whether to choose from this or the m-edge one. The M-edge seems a lot more pricier, any thoughts?
Drevil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is a similar cover that someone on the Amazon forums liked (it doesn't look like the back switches are accessible in this one).

If I hadn't already purchased the Octovo stand, I'd consider one of these.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, since buying the M-edge cover in red leather, I"ve been perfectly content. Does everything I need it to, and gives me a little class besides, something I can always use more of!

And I"ll not be buying any more covers........but I will spend that extra money on more Kindle books.

All that being said, this one looks kinda cute. I like the way it can stand up. Just what I need, a way to eat more while I read.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
I've got several covers, but I'm tempted to give this one a try (http://www.stylzworld.com/products_d...rde_cover.html).
They have one called a Cosmo for the Kindle as well but there aren't any details up yet.
My only concern with the AvantGarde cover is how thick it all is (being a tri-fold) when everything is folded behind the Kindle. Since this is how I frequently read with my m-edge cover, I'm a little concerned that if its too thick (or too heavy) it could put a damper on my one-handed reading style.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
Drevil123
Drevil123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I choose the Mivizu one over the M-edge one, the M-edge one has a good design but I don't like how you have to keep taking the cover off to turn the Kindle on and off. The Mivizu one has a cutout and a standing feature (Extra Bonus for those that like to munch and read ", its also about half the price. I will let you guys know how it is when I get it.
Drevil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
The cover doesn't need removed on the m-edge to turn the kindle/wireless on/off. You just flip the elastic edge out of the way (the kindle is secure enough to always leave the elastic edge off if you want) and flip the switch with a finger behind the kindle.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Agreed. I used the elastic strip as a reminder that I've got the network switch turned on -- it the elastic is off the Kindle's corner, the network is on. If the elastic is put back on the Kindle, the network is off.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Agreed. I used the elastic strip as a reminder that I've got the network switch turned on -- it the elastic is off the Kindle's corner, the network is on. If the elastic is put back on the Kindle, the network is off.
Huh. And here I've been using the little icon down at the bottom of the screen to let me know that!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Huh. And here I've been using the little icon down at the bottom of the screen to let me know that!
Dude, I was so going to type the same thing!!!
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post
I found new leather cases for the Kindle on Amazon when I was searching for another Vizu silicone case.

Did anyone tried this yet? I bought the silicone case from Vizu a couple months back but I want to get something more classy for my dad. The case looks great but I don't know whether to choose from this or the m-edge one. The M-edge seems a lot more pricier, any thoughts?
Ooooo ... thanks for posting this. I like this case a lot. I would like it more if it zipped all around, but I do like it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Did anyone purchase the MiniSuit cover? If so, can you give us a review?
Thanks!
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #12
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
I received my MiniSuit on Friday, and so far I am happy with it. The fastening mechanism is a little tight to mount, but it really needs to be to be secure. It is well padded so is very protective from that standpoint, but I really wish that it had some kind of zipper closure rather than the snap closure that it has. The case leaves the long sides exposed. a potential point of failure if it is tossed into a bag for transport.

The attachment mechanism seems to be bent metal of some sort covered in rubber. The only downside of this is that the rubber has left some black marks on my Kindle where one of the attachment points rubs a little too strongly against the plastic.

The case folds back in a compact enough to be comfortably held, and the unique double snap strap on the back works well to create a stable stand for table placement of the device. I will post some pictures later when I have time to snap them so you can all get a better feel for the points i've made in this review.

Drew
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #13
bernilynn
bernilynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; Centro
Just got the MiniSuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post

I have an M-Edge, which I love, but I wanted something that would prop up my Kindle for reading, and the MiniSuit looked like the answer. It came today. It's very well designed, but the reason it's cheap is because the leather is awful. I bought it in red, and it looks and feels- well, cheap. I had wanted to by the Tuff-luv version, but it is out of stock everywhere. I wrote to the company, and they are not planning on making any more.

I will use the MiniSuit at home until something better comes along, but I will use the M-Edge for traveling.
bernilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernilynn View Post
I have an M-Edge, which I love, but I wanted something that would prop up my Kindle for reading, and the MiniSuit looked like the answer. It came today. It's very well designed, but the reason it's cheap is because the leather is awful. I bought it in red, and it looks and feels- well, cheap. I had wanted to by the Tuff-luv version, but it is out of stock everywhere. I wrote to the company, and they are not planning on making any more.

I will use the MiniSuit at home until something better comes along, but I will use the M-Edge for traveling.
If you go directly to the company's website, they say the tuff-luv cses will be in stock in 2 days

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205228761

I returned the minisuit case I had bought. Really cheap looking but also I was afraid it was going to scratch the kindle and it was just awkward to hold. I have bought a tuff luv one about a month ago. Really nice leather and very comfortable to hold and adds no real weight to the kindle. Very nice.

Last edited by lisreed; 09-29-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: adding info
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #15
bernilynn
bernilynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; Centro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
If you go directly to the company's website, they say the tuff-luv cses will be in stock in 2 days

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205228761

I returned the minisuit case I had bought. Really cheap looking but also I was afraid it was going to scratch the kindle and it was just awkward to hold. I have bought a tuff luv one about a month ago. Really nice leather and very comfortable to hold and adds no real weight to the kindle. Very nice.
Thanks so much! I am returning the minisuit case, since I also discovered the red one left dye on the right side of my Kindle, which was hard to get off. I will be ordering the Tuff-luv immediately!!

Berni
bernilynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!