Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Speed of changing to/from USB transfer mode

hi,

In my Reader now,
after i plug USB to Reader, it takes 10 seconds to display "connected" icon.
after i plug USB off, it takes 20 seconds to display "busy" icon, then 7 seconds to display menu. 109 books so far.

I flashed last firmware and some hacks (flashed Reader maybe 10 times altogether)

I feel when this Reader has had its original first firmware, these times were 5 and 10. Or maybe i just forgot...

What are your times (and firmwares/hacks)?

Last edited by alexbe; 08-31-2007 at 04:47 AM.
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Old Serg
Old Serg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
patched (clock, joystick) 21081 firmware:
- 10 seconds "to"
- 12 seconds "from" plus several seconds to update (depends on the number of books in the reader).
Old Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The times seem about like they always have been depending upon how many books are on the Reader and how many of those are new.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:48 AM   #4
alexbe
alexbe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
i updated my post a little, 20 second to "busy" icon and then 7 seconds to display menu. 109 books in reader.
alexbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I hadn't noticed a difference, so either it's pretty close to what it was, or I don't connect to the PC all that often.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert