Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #1
Cisieel
Cisieel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5
Kindle 5 font size

Hello

I'm looking for hack for Kindle 5 (touch 2011) which I can change font size.
I installed JB and my language, after this process, the font has increased.
I've set the smallest font, but it's still too big for me.

I have 5.3.7.3 firmware.
Cisieel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
Cisieel
Cisieel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5
Bump.
Cisieel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have vague memories of someone mentioning a font ramp map file.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@pdurrant: FONT_RAMP thing was introduced somewhere around firmware 5.5.x or later. I'm not sure if even the last firmware update for PW1 (5.6.1.1 ?) has that code added (my old PW1 is still on 5.4.x with those "jar changes" applied, and my father is using it as is for several years now, I'm using PW3 with FONT_RAMP and CONTENT_FONT_RAMP), let alone older firmware used on Kindle Touch.

@Cisieel: Most likely it would be possible to modify couple of JAR files to add needed changes in similar way people have done it for Paperwhite and newer Kindle models (probably even the jar files where you need to modify Java code are the same)... it is just that (as far as I recall nobody has done it for Kindle Touch) that @kaznelson did't use to release / create those "user friendly" bin installer targeted at Kindle Touch but only for PW1 and PW2. Nowadays nobody is creating those "for the masses"/ "for the n00bs" bin packages but individuals with necessary skill set are still doing those type of changes (although mainly for margin hacking since now we have "FONT_RAMP" thing as a easier way to remap font sizes) for themselves.

Basically, it doable but you are on your own to try to do it... and your best bet would be to probably hunt down instructions for editing jar files for PW1 while it used firmware 5.3.x and do the same for those files that you've pulled from your Kindle Touch using SSH/UsbNetworking hack.

Something like this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1588

For the information about tools needed for the job take a look here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1795

Since those jar files are model specific and firmware specific. Don't get any ideas to try do replace JAR files on Kindle touch with pre-edited jar files that were made for PW1.

Last edited by shamanNS; 03-15-2019 at 04:47 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, font size, kindle touch, kindle5