Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 12:05 AM   #1
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Inkbook Prime favorite apps and cases or even tips

Wish me luck! I just ordered the Inkbook Prime of Amazon. Hopefully I'll have better luck than I did with the Onyx Boox T68. It worked great for a few months, but gradually became more and more unstable in terms of random reboots and freezing. I've gotten it to work a few times since, but it's not stable or reliable.

So I ended up giving up and buying my first Kindle. But alas, I misplaced it last night which means I finally have an excuse to replace it Woohooo, I really miss physical page turn buttons.

Does anyone have a favorite app for music playback?

I presume that Moon Reader works well on the Prime? It was my go to on the T68.

Has anyone tried out Overdrive with it?

Anyone else notice the size of the Inkbook Prime looks almost identical to the "All new Kindle" The only difference is in the depth, the Kindle is .38 inches while the Prime purports to be .3 inches.

In any case, I reckon any of the universal ebook reader cases with the elastic corners would be sufficient until a dedicated case comes out.

Finally, anyone have any tips for using the ereader?
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
bm.brooks
bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Sony PRS-500;Sony PRS-505;Sony PRS-T1; Inkbook Prime
I am currently working on a review of the Inkbook Prime, so stay tuned. But please don’t hold your breath; I am slower than molasses some days.

In the meantime a couple of answers.

Surprisingly, I haven’t done any music on the Prime, so I cannot give you any pointers.

Since you used Moon Reader on the T68, you are already familiar with the plus/minuses of using it on an e-ink device. Otherwise it runs mostly fine. There are points in time it isn't them most responsive to finger swipes, maybe just operator error, all other ereader software I have tried works fine. There are sometimes I have had to double tap the button for the first page, I believe it was also mentioned on the-ebook-reader.com. Biggest issue for you might be that if you are using the Pro version you might have to repurchase it through Amazon, the Prime does not have Google Play access.

Unfortunately my local library isn’t part of the Overdrive network. So I cannot say much more than the Overdrive app runs.

For tips:
  • The Amazon app store installs and works fine. Otherwise I am just manually installing the apk.
  • Most ereader software I have tried works, the only exception so far is Universal Reader
  • Launchers can be installed; however you cannot change the wallpaper. Also for most of the launchers you cannot use widgets.
bm.brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Did you try changing fonts? I've tried everything I could think of w/no luck. I've disabled CSS styles (Font sizes, Alignment (global justify), Indent and Paragraph).

I know it's not the Prime, because fonts change easily in AlReader.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
bm.brooks
bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.bm.brooks is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Sony PRS-500;Sony PRS-505;Sony PRS-T1; Inkbook Prime
Not sure if you mean with Moon-Reader or the built-in InkBook reader.

The built-in reader is fairly basic, it only comes with 5 fonts (none of which I particularly like). Along with whatever is the font embedded in the ePub. I haven’t found any method to add additional fonts within the app. So the only option I could think of would be to edit the ePub to change the resident font, more work than I want to do to make the built-in reader to work.

Moon-Reader is fairly similar to AlReader. Create a directory from the root of the directory called Fonts. Within Moon-Reader touch the center of the screen to popup the options, select the font from the Visual Options.

Probably not a lot of help, however, if you want to explain more I can see if I can figure it out.
bm.brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I just assumed the built-in reader was FBReader. I've not even tried using it as I've rooted my Prime and sideloaded MoonReader+ and AlReader and a couple of Ivona tts apps.

Last night I discovered the tts apps will not run in MoonReader. So now I'm restricted to AlReader which would be fine except that I've never figured out a way to set a time limit for the tts app to run. That too would be fine except I usually read in bed and w/out the timer it would just read to the end of the book or until the battery ran down. I've been thinking of writing the Al developer and asking him if he could add this feature. Seems my next step since I do like the Prime more than other inkBook readers I've had.

Look forward to your review.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
I'm looking forward to your review too. I just got a case in the mail from AliExpress and it's a nice fit, although a little long.

Here's the link to the cover. It came in 2 weeks and fits well enough. I posted picture of the reader in the case in my review at AliExpress.

Universal Case Cover for 6inch Ereader Case Sleeve for Amazon kindle
http://s.aliexpress.com/FVreqia2
(from AliExpress Android)

Also, have been using it since may 27 and I love this reader. I don't do a lot of font changing, but it does okay with most of the apps I've used. Yes music plays through bluetooth easily as long as you install an app. I use phonograph. Overdrive is fine too.

Last edited by anabolina; 06-08-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Link. To item
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
elsana
elsana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
When a ePub does not have embedded font, InkBook reader will use DroidSansFallback.ttf to be the publisher's font.

If you want to change fonts of InkBook reader, you could replace /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf with your favorite font.
Only the font could be replaced, other 5 can't.

Of course, to replace DroidSansFallback.ttf, it must be root prime at first.
And remember to backup.
elsana is offline   Reply With Quote