Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Edvb
Edvb began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
Cooler-er don't want to start

My COOL.ER doesn't start-up. I see the Grey till black lines and no more.

Because the company broke I cannot access to the website anymore.
So now I cannot download the firmware.
Has sombody the COOL-ER firmware for me?

has sombody an idea what to do more?
I took out the battery, also the SD card.
Resetted a few times without any results

Hope somebody can help me.
Sorry for my English - I'm Dutch!
Edvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
fivee
fivee began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-ER
Yep, i've got one for my birthday a few days ago and i've been triyng to find the latest firmware has well.

If anybody has the the latest file and could upload it i'd (we'd actually, counting this one and the one from the firmware post) be very gratefull!

to edvd: when you conect it to the pc, does the screen changes to the usb connected screen? Or is it totally unresponsive?

Im not sure it would change anything, conecting it to the pc, clear the internal memory, and then disconect it from there, it boots up auto, though if you get the same screen you're last chance would be a firmware update, though I've been loocking everywhere these past few days (mine is blocking 4 times ou of 5 when it opens books, not a book, any of them) and cant seem to find anything, though mine is very recent and if i cant find anything i'll just head out to the store and return it. A shame really, i was enjoying my cool-er, lockups aside of course.

(Sorry for any spelling error, i'm portuguese)
fivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
fivee
fivee began at the beginning.

Device: Cool-ER
Quick update on the quest for firmware

Still no luke on the last firmware from coolreaders.com, so i've looking in to alternative firmware, there's some confusion regarding the possibility of running the firmware from longshine in the cool-er, on a post here it's said that its possible, i've found others saying that its not....but still, you seem screwed either way so if want here's the link for the longshine firmware:

http://www.shinebook.eu/index.php?op...mid=73&lang=en

if you install it do give some feedback, i wont try for now cause mine is working, and i dont have any of the original firmwares, or way to back this one up.
fivee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
I've uploaded the most recent Cool-ER firmware here. If anyone can think of a good place to keep it more permanently please be my guest.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #5
Edvb
Edvb began at the beginning.

Device: cool-er
better link

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
I've uploaded the most recent Cool-ER firmware here. If anyone can think of a good place to keep it more permanently please be my guest.

Hello code monkey, thank you but the site is closed.

People who are interrested try this: http://files.leer-e.es/descargas/
Edvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert