Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-09-2018, 05:51 AM   #91
Sandy Anderson
Sandy Anderson began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Hello, have you tried cutting plastic part of USB so it would fully fit in? Because of bad design, some us cables does not work on this e-reader. Asking just in case as I had this same issue.
Well thanks to seeing your post, I did try plugging in the USB plug into the socket....

....and, miracle of miracles, it's back to life and charging! So I now realise,

A) Get a USB cable that'll work -- I've seen ones with longer "plugs";

B) Turn off Wifi/Btooth when not needed;

C) Recognise the battery icon's lightning symbol means "charging";

Anyway Neru, thanks a million eV for posting.

Sandy

PS. J.J. Thomson, all is forgiven! (Does anyone get this joke?)

PPS. Here is a picture of my Likebook Plus with the back off, charging. Notice it is mounted on a... breadboard!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pnB9qlR.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	421.8 KB
ID:	165505  

Last edited by DaleDe; 08-09-2018 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Image was way to big to be displayed on the screen, changed it to an attachment.
Sandy Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #92
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle keyboard, PocketBook Pro 912 (black), T62D with Gonyx
T80s firmware v2.0 .img mirror?

Unfortunately the baidu server connection is extremely slow with disconnections. Is there a copy of the firmware above (in ".img") elsewhere that one can download in a more reasonable time (e.g., dropbox, GDrive, Microsoft's)?

At the present rate it would take me 7 days to download it.
crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #93
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Unfortunately the baidu server connection is extremely slow with disconnections. Is there a copy of the firmware above (in ".img") elsewhere that one can download in a more reasonable time (e.g., dropbox, GDrive, Microsoft's)?

At the present rate it would take me 7 days to download it.
I uploaded v2.0.0201805 firware to Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uo...1CdW6Gu4kbsDHr
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #94
crt
Enthusiast
crt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of lightcrt is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you a ton for your link. Really helpful!
Old 08-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #95
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
I uploaded v2.0.0201805 firware to Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uo...1CdW6Gu4kbsDHr
Thanks!!!
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #96
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Has anyone managed to root the last firmware?
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:01 AM   #97
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
I received my Likebook Plus device several days ago with firmware v1.0.2
preinstalled, then I updated it to v2.0.0 201805... through system update
(despite having seen warning not do do so), later I reflashed it. Some
observations I have made:

The preinstalled web browser cannot access github.com, get error message "Couldn't establish a secure connection." The root sertificate used by github is installed as a trusted sertificate. Other https sites do open, and Dolphin browser I installed can access github. I guess some restrictions on crypto in China are to blame.

In Russian localisation (and also in German one) the "Android Settings" and "Settings" app are called the same, which is confusing.

I tried audio playback through bluetooth with v2.0.0, noticed no problem.

The "Wi-Fi book transfer" app for uploading books through local net has only Chinese in its web interface.

Trying to enable screen locking through "Android Settings" app (Secutrity -> Scren Lock) leads to crash. When I set password through "Setting" app and all worked fine except that at startup password was not asked immediately but rather after a couple of my actions. When I change Settings->Device settings->"Time for password needed after locking screen" to a value other than "Imm", a different interface for entering password is appears and password I set is rejected, so I had to restart the device. Now, I set password using "Lock screen password" app, and this password matches, and after I enter it the other password interface appears asking for password set through "settings". The whole thing seems to be messedup.

With v2.0.0 installed through system upgrade there once appeared a strange problem. When I connected the device to my computer through USB, "USB connected" screen appeared and animation showed work was going on, but nothing further happened. A workaround I found was to restart the device while connected to computer. Later the problem disappeared, maybe after I installed on my computer the driver for reflashing.

With firmware v1.0.2, when KOreader was started with backlight turned off, its backlight control was unable to turn it on, when started with backlight on it worked. After installing v2.0.0 through system upgrade, any attempt to change backlight settings through KOreader made backlight turn off. After reflashsing, the backlight control started working.

Wishes:
At least Android 4.4 (which the chip manufactor does support) would be nice. The up-to-date Amazon Kindle app requires at least Android 4.4, the one I got installed is released in 2010.
It would be nice if long press on WiFi and Bluetooth buttons in "Switch" dropdown toolbar menu would open corresponding settings page.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 PM   #98
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Thank you so much.

I downloaded the Rockchip USB driver here:

https://mtktool.blogspot.com/p/adb-driver.html

And the Rockchip Batch Tool here:

https://mtktool.blogspot.com/2016/11...-download.html

I was already using the updated 1.02 firmware but never rooted it. Using the “restore” function, I went directly to ver 2 without issue. I just wasn’t computer literate enough to follow the previously posted instructions. Reverting to ver 1, renaming this, moving that, and downloading everything in Chinese.

Last edited by aduffbrew; 08-30-2018 at 03:18 PM.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #99
crt
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I found out that the particular Boyue LikeBook plus I had bought has two horizontal bands (one about 1mm and another about 3mm) on its display where touches do not register at all.
Since I bought it from Amazon, I mailed it back to them for a refund.
Regardless of the faulty display, it is true that the PDF reader included is not as good (and rather inadequate) compared to the Neo Reader by Onyx. The latter has been a very positive experience on my 6'' T62D (using 'Gonyx') and is my experience so far.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #100
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I don't use any of the included apps. I haven't even bothered testing most of them. Except perhaps settings to turn on/off wifi and so on. I have installed and use another launcher, another file manager and another e-reader and several other bits and bolts.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #101
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
Hi,
I got the bright idea to go from firmware 1.01 to 2.0.
I sued the mega upload link from page one of this thread and the firmware appeared to load, but what was labelled 2.0 there appears to be version 1.02 (menu is still on the bottom of the page). It's clearly a different 1.02, because the bluetooth is formatted differently, along with some other minor differences in the menu.

The bigger problem is that the bluetooth doesn't seem to work at all. Trying to download from the boyue site's been sort of a nightmare for me. My desktop computer happens to be running linux, which makes it a bit harder as well.

How do I get bluetooth back?
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #102
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
1. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

2. Try resetting to factory defaults.

3. Install the latest firmware.

4. At midnight when the moon is full, walk three full circles backwards around an oak. Then try turning it off and on again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #103
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus02 View Post
I sued the mega upload link from page one of this thread and the firmware appeared to load, but what was labelled 2.0 there appears to be version 1.02 (menu is still on the bottom of the page). It's clearly a different 1.02, because the bluetooth is formatted differently, along with some other minor differences in the menu.
FYI, the link on the first page labeled 1.02 goes to Mega and is 1.02. The link labeled 2.0 goes to a separate page. On that page you can go to Mega and download v2.0.

I suggest following Adoby's advice. Alternatively follow the advice on how to upgrade to V2.0 by following the link on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Update: (V2.0.0-2018052616)

Announcement: Do not perform a direct system update from v.1.0.2. to v.2.0.0. This will corrupt conflicting apps and system files. Kindly perform the first update using img. files provided below and flash them with the RK Batch Tool.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #104
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
I'm enjoying the new interface that becomes with BoyueOS 2. I'm just having difficulty with the dictionary in the native reading app. The standalone dictionary works just fine while the one in the reader defaults to Chinese without any apparent way of changing it. Any ideas?
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #105
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
USB connection

So, I flashed the img file with the RockChip tool and now my screen is stuck on and it's slowly fading out. The tool said it restored successfully but I can't get it to reboot. Any ideas?

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 09-04-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote