Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #121
kas23
kas23 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'm having the same issue. When plugging in my iPhone 5S, I get the following message:

calibre, version 2.3.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 502, in _books
File "/var/folders/jg/kkbm2yds11lb_r4ycy01psxr0000gn/T/calibre_2.3.0_tmp_S5wqQG/JdXgpa_ios_local_db/Marvin_overlays.py", line 310, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

I'm using an iPhone 5S running 7.1.2
The version of Marvin I'm using is 2.7.5
The computer I'm using is a MacBook Air running 10.9.4
The Calibre version is 2.3
Plugins are iOS reader applications 1.4.3 & Marvin XD 1.2.4
I have 2778 books in Calibre
kas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:33 AM   #122
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
I have tried running Calibre 2.3 under a (more or less vanilla) Windows 8.1 VM but every time I start Calibre with the iPad connected, the iOS Reader Application plugin is silently uninstalled.

Initially I thought that this was because I didn't have iTunes installed, but I installed that and it still does the same thing. Any ideas why this might be happening?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 01:31 AM   #123
adrianf
Enthusiast
adrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it isadrianf knows what time it is

Device: iPad+MacBookPro
ios reader applications bug

I use calibre on OS X 10.9.4 and marvin on an iPad2
I have just upgraded to calibre 2.3 and I upgraded also the necessary plugins.
The ios reader applications plugin does not function anymore and produces the following import error:

calibre 2.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Kindle Collections && KindleUnpack - The Plugin && Marvin XD && iOS reader applications && EpubSplit
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 289, in double_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 370, in modify_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 152, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 493, in config_widget
ImportError: cannot import name ConfigWidget

Old 09-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #124
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Further to my adventures with trying to get Calibre 2.3 running under Windows 8.1 VM.
I have iTunes installed and the iPad shows up there happily.
Starting Calibre and running Debug Device Detection I get the "No suitable MTP device found", despite it detecting the iPad.
How do I get it to behave?

Thanks
Christopher

calibre 2.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins:
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_12ab&rev_0402&mi_00',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid265c&rev0002',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffb&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffa&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_12ab&rev_0402',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffc&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fff9&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\root_hub30&vid1033&pid0194&rev0003',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2658&rev0002',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffc&rev_0100&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffe&rev_0101',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fff9&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffc&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_203a&pid_fffa&rev_0100']
Drives detected:

Disabled plugins: ITUNES

Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
List of WPD PNP ids:
[u'\\\\?\\usb#vid_05ac&pid_12ab&mi_00#0#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}']
MTP device: \\?\usb#vid_05ac&pid_12ab&mi_00#0#{6ac27878-a6fa-4155-ba85-f98f491d4f33}
{'device_version': u'8.0',
'friendly_name': u'Apple iPad',
'has_bulk_properties': True,
'has_storage': True,
'manufacturer_name': u'Apple Inc.',
'model_name': u'Apple iPad',
'protocol': u'MTP: 1.00',
'serial_number': u'DMPLFKYH',
'storage': [{'capacity': 126835752960L,
'capacity_objects': 0L,
'description': u'Internal Storage',
'filesystem': u'DCF',
'free_objects': 8627L,
'free_space': 12941262848L,
'id': u's10001',
'name': u'Internal Storage',
'rw': True,
'type': u'fixed_ram'}],
'type': 'unknown'}
Not a suitable MTP device, ignoring

No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #125
Fri-Ka
Fri-Ka began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650
iOSRA disappears

Win 7, Calibre 2.3.0 x64, iPad 3, Marvin 2.7.5

Hi there,
I've carefully installed and configured the iOS reader application and the Marvin XD plugin as described in this forum.
I restart calibre: everything is ok. Both plugins could be seen and configured.
I stop calibre, connect my iPad with my PC, start Marvin, touch "load books" and "Calibre", start calibre and receive the following message:
"Marvin XD requires the iOS reader application plugin to be installed, then restart calibre" with two links.
I disconnect my iPad, restart calibre and both plugins could be seen, configured and seems to be ok.
I've tried a new installation (Calibre + both plugins) and a hard-reset of my iPad. Nothing changed!

thanks a lot for helping!!!
Fri-Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #126
Beamis
Beamis began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 3
I've been successfully using calibre for years to maintain my ebook collection on my ipad. I updated my iPad 3 to IOS 8 today; and now, on connected, am suddenly getting this message:

calibre, version 2.3.0
iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice

The 1.43 (most recent version) is installed. No other configuration changes have been made.

Is the an incompatibility with 1.43 itself?

Last edited by Beamis; 09-18-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Beamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #127
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, if the only thing that has changed is iOS 8, I imagine it is iOS 8 which is incompatible with the plugin.

It may still be possible to downgrade to iOS 7 manually via iTunes (they will continue to sign the iOS 7 update for up to what, a day?), elsewise you may have to wait for the plugin to catch up. Hopefully there will be a fix very soon.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #128
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I haven't seen anything about the plug-in being updated. Is the author already doing so? I'd love to have Marvin working correctly again, but I can't download and install the IOs reader applications plugin at all.

I'm hoping that that means its been pulled while adjustments are made. Fingers crossed!
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #129
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Well, if the only thing that has changed is iOS 8, I imagine it is iOS 8 which is incompatible with the plugin.
Yep. I have the same problem after "upgrading" to iOS 8. The error message is:
calibre, version 2.3.0
iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice.

And rolling back doesn't look like an option for me, anymore. Guess I'll just have to wait until all the app publishers catch up with iOS 8. A lot of apps have become buggy or have ceased to work entirely.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #130
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Guys, Marvin - the ebook reader - is perfectly fine on iOS 8 (not counting a problem in ladnscape mode).

My plugins are *used* in conjunction with Marvin but they're *not* by the same developer. My plugins currently do NOT work with the new iPhones and sometimes have some issues with iOS 8.

I *will* update them but since I'm very busy due to my job, my family, other open source commitments, etc. etc. so it *will* likely take a few days yet.

Thanks for your patience!
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #131
Dchiplin
deb_oh_canada
Dchiplin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma & Aura One & iPad Mini Retina
Error on upgrading plug-in

Calibre V 2.3
Marvin XD 1.2.4
iOS Reader 1.4.3
iPad Mini iOS8

I have been having struggles with the iOS Reader plug-in since the last upgrade and finally deinstalled/reinstalled and was able to customize correctly.

Now Calibre does not recognize my iPad. In Marvin on my iPad the calibre connector window is show as "ready". I can see the Pad in My Computer.

I do have a large library but created a Virtual Library of about 200 items to speed-up caching.

Would be grateful for any troubleshooting help.

Last edited by Dchiplin; 09-21-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Dchiplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #132
Freewolf
Freewolf began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Exclamation Trouble with iOs Reader

I have been having trouble using the iOs Reader and actually having it be able to read my iPad.

This weekend I tried to uninstall both this plugin and the MarvinXD plugin (I use Marvin to read my books on my iPad.)

When trying to reinstall it I got this error and thought I would finally post this problem and it to the forums.

I use a Windows 8 Laptop, 8gig RAM, Intel i7 2.40 GHz, 64-bit OS.
Running Calibre 2.3.

calibre, version 2.3.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 383, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 550, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 544, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 907, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1236, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
failed with traceback:
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 544, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 907, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1236, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
Freewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:10 AM   #133
EricaW
EricaW began at the beginning.

Device: ipad air
This is probably a really stupid question, but is there a link where can I download this plug in? It doesn't appear on my plug in list in calibre currently. When I go to the get new plugins feature in calibre, I get a message saying it's unable to connect to the plugins index page.

Last edited by EricaW; 09-26-2014 at 05:15 AM.
EricaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 AM   #134
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaW View Post
This is probably a really stupid question, but is there a link where can I download this plug in? It doesn't appear on my plug in list in calibre currently. When I go to the get new plugins feature in calibre, I get a message saying it's unable to connect to the plugins index page.
@EricaW - it's at the end of the 1st post in this thread - but it may not be working, and that may be the reason you can't see it in the plugins list.

I would advise you to read back through this thread for details of problems with this PI.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #135
mapline
Enthusiast
mapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the endmapline knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi Philantrop
Thanks for looking at it.
Regards
Michael (Ipad user)
mapline is offline   Reply With Quote